New Carbon Fiber Mirror Caps / Covers

slothy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
We had one true defect (very obvious) so far out of quite a few of these sold. The problem is that the right side mirror, for whatever reason, seems to be more difficult to snap it, but it does go in, as evidenced in our install video. If you are having issues and feel you absolutely cannot get your mirror caps to fit, please email [email protected]. Often what we'll do in these cases is take them back for inspection and/or test fitment to determine if there is really an issue or not.
110% @procivic has been super helpful throughout this process. I hope no one feels like they won't be, because that is not the case.
Sponsored

SangreRaven

First Name
Raven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
We had one true defect (very obvious) so far out of quite a few of these sold. The problem is that the right side mirror, for whatever reason, seems to be more difficult to snap it, but it does go in, as evidenced in our install video. If you are having issues and feel you absolutely cannot get your mirror caps to fit, please email [email protected]. Often what we'll do in these cases is take them back for inspection and/or test fitment to determine if there is really an issue or not.
Thanks for the info :), I will not be able to put mine on until they I get the clear done which I am holding off on since I have some other stuff that needs paint and clear and I want to have it all done at once. I will make sure I get my buddy who does body work to help me with it and be extra careful with the clips.

-R

SangreRaven

First Name
Raven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
110% @procivic has been super helpful throughout this process. I hope no one feels like they won't be, because that is not the case.
Oh I agree Pro Civic is super helpful, I have never had any issues with their CS either with general questions or the rare time I had an issue.

-R

OP
OP
procivic

procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan, Others
Country flag
Oh I agree Pro Civic is super helpful, I have never had any issues with their CS either with general questions or the rare time I had an issue.

-R
Thanks for the kind words. Yes, obviously anyone who has issues we're going to help out. At this point we're just trying to figure out what is going on with a few orders where customers are having trouble installing them. We have one set coming back here from a customer to test - my guess is that the mirror is a tight fit but will work. That is the experience we've had so far when testing them. I'll try to keep this thread updated when we find out for sure.

SangreRaven

First Name
Raven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for the kind words. Yes, obviously anyone who has issues we're going to help out. At this point we're just trying to figure out what is going on with a few orders where customers are having trouble installing them. We have one set coming back here from a customer to test - my guess is that the mirror is a tight fit but will work. That is the experience we've had so far when testing them. I'll try to keep this thread updated when we find out for sure.
Thanks, once I do finally get mine installed I will also comment on if I had any issues :)

-R

OP
OP
procivic

procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hey Guys,

I wanted to update you all with some more info on some of the installation issues customers have been having with these mirror cap. We brought back several sets of mirror caps back here that customers were having trouble installing, and thought might be defective. Long story short, we were able to install them without issue. See some attached pictures below of a set of mirrors from one customer. The most important thing I want to point out is the last picture, which shows a tab circled in blue. If you are doing the install by yourself and having issues getting the mirror caps to line up and securely "snap" in, you can try breaking off this tab. It is not necessary for a secure fitment.

Getting the mirror caps to line up (even the OEM ones) before pushing them in can be tricky, so I hope this helps anyone out there having issues!

Honda Civic 10th gen New Carbon Fiber Mirror Caps / Covers 554864182

Honda Civic 10th gen New Carbon Fiber Mirror Caps / Covers 554864220

Honda Civic 10th gen New Carbon Fiber Mirror Caps / Covers 554864456

SangreRaven

First Name
Raven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey Guys,

I wanted to update you all with some more info on some of the installation issues customers have been having with these mirror cap. We brought back several sets of mirror caps back here that customers were having trouble installing, and thought might be defective. Long story short, we were able to install them without issue. See some attached pictures below of a set of mirrors from one customer. The most important thing I want to point out is the last picture, which shows a tab circled in blue. If you are doing the install by yourself and having issues getting the mirror caps to line up and securely "snap" in, you can try breaking off this tab. It is not necessary for a secure fitment.

Getting the mirror caps to line up (even the OEM ones) before pushing them in can be tricky, so I hope this helps anyone out there having issues!

554864182.jpg

554864220.jpg

554864456.jpg
Thanks for the update @procivic should be helpful whenever I eventually install mine :p

OP
OP
procivic

procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hey guys,

We just received a NEW version of these mirror covers in stock. After testing, they seem to solve the installation issues people were having. This new version is made from 100% REAL DRY CARBON FIBER and has a more precise fitment. This dry carbon version does not use any plastic backing - just 100% pure carbon fiber! It also has a gloss finish on the outer layer, which gives it a nice "wet" look from the outside (same as previous version). Here's a picture of what the inside of these new mirror covers looks like:

Honda Civic 10th gen New Carbon Fiber Mirror Caps / Covers 45272_3190___Back%20View

For more info see: https://www.procivic.com/pages-product_car_part_info/category-71_115/product-3190/index.html

OP
OP
procivic

procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Shame you guys didn't have these when I ordered the originals (which I still haven't installed yet). Hopefully mine don't have any issues.

-R
Yeah, we had no idea these were coming in. They look the same after installed, just so you know.

SangreRaven

First Name
Raven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah, we had no idea these were coming in. They look the same after installed, just so you know.
Just hopefully no issues installing mine when I finally do get around to doing it come warmer weather / show season :p mine was part of the very first group of them to.

-R