New car pulling to the right even after all the basics are in order

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I noticed on my other civics that different tires would grab the road differently. Some would pull on every groove in the road and others would stay straight regardless of ridges and cracks.
Sponsored

hunter44102

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic Hybrid, 2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Also check the tire sizes. I actually read that a person found that ONE of this four tires was a slightly different SIZE, and it caused the car to pull. By the way are these factory tires?

OP
OP

Jayqeu

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2017 Touring
yes, new factory tires. Tire size isn't an issue because the problem just started recently. My friends are saying maybe it's because I drove it at 201 kph :p

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
When you swap the front 2 tires you are actually keeping the pattern the same because the tires are flipping around. The only correct way would be to re-mount the tires facing the same way but on opposite side of car.

So I would try putting the back tires up front since it's easier to try than remounting tires
A bad or mis-mounted tire would pull in the opposite direction if moved to the other side.

Last edited:

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
yes, new factory tires. Tire size isn't an issue because the problem just started recently. My friends are saying maybe it's because I drove it at 201 kph :p
Speed wouldn't cause an issue unless the tire was severely underinflated - that could shift or damage the cords but you would have pulled in the opposite direction when you swapped the tires.
Still voting for a dragging, or slow to release (binding), caliper on the right front. A pinched brake hose/line would be a distant second.

OP
OP

Jayqeu

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2017 Touring
let's see what it is. My car enthusiast friends are also very curious what it will be as this seems to be a very tricky case. I am also looking for any suggestions on how to make the dealer acknowledge the issue. They did not do so in the first visit; the usual it's nothing stuff. I want to pressure them as my car is new and under warranty. I do not want to take it to just any workshop and pay for this.

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Agreed. But, if the tech can't feel it pulling to one side under the conditions where you have it happen (braking, turning, accelerating, etc.) then you're in a he said, you said situation - then it's time to try another dealer - It's still under warranty and unless you've hit a curb or pothole, it'll be free at any Honda dealer.

invader

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Corolla Hatch SE 6-spd
Country flag
If they can't retrieve your original alignment results, we'll just have to wait for a new alignment readout to see your exact rear toe and camber settings.

hunter44102

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic Hybrid, 2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
A bad or mis-mounted tire would pull in the opposite direction if moved on the other side.
He swapped the tires to the other side and it still pulls to the same side. This seems to completely go against your theory that it's probably the tires.

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
He swapped the tires to the other side and it still pulls to the same side. This seems to completely go against your theory that it's probably the tires.
Never said it was - I was commenting to your input about swapping tires - read post #4 for my initial suggestion. And reread my post #19 & 20.

idragmazda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Country flag
let's see what it is. My car enthusiast friends are also very curious what it will be as this seems to be a very tricky case. I am also looking for any suggestions on how to make the dealer acknowledge the issue. They did not do so in the first visit; the usual it's nothing stuff. I want to pressure them as my car is new and under warranty. I do not want to take it to just any workshop and pay for this.
Any update,
Sponsored