NEW Ark Exhaust For our civic si sedans

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Arguably the best sounding exhaust for the Civic Si to date. It is very much like the Greddy DDR exhaust, damn though $999.99 is a hefty price tag.

pinhead66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Odyssey EX-L
Country flag
That honestly sounds really good for a 4 cylinder turbo. I think the helmholtz chamber will do a good job keeping the drone at bay for basically a straight pipe exhaust. I wonder how loud it is though from the interior. Personally though i could not justify a grand just for better sound with little to no performance gains.

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2019 Honda CR-V EX-L, 2017 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not for nothing, but my custom setup sounds just as good, IMO. This video is with a resonator delete and a Vibrant 1040 muffler. Everything welded in high grade stainless. Since this video, I’ve added a catted DP/FP and it sounds even better.

milk_jug

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 si sedan
Country flag
if I didn't have an exhaust already this is what id get....

Blitted_Master

First Name
H
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe (SOLD)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not for nothing, but my custom setup sounds just as good, IMO. This video is with a resonator delete and a Vibrant 1040 muffler. Everything welded in high grade stainless. Since this video, I’ve added a catted DP/FP and it sounds even better.

I also have the resonator delete with the Vibrant 1040 muffler and suffer from a horrible tuning fork type of noise in high rpm's. I can't recommend this setup since it has created this same issue for several members. The common denominator is the Vibrant 1040 muffler.

https://www.civicx.com/threads/loud-whistle-whine-over-4k-rpms.35831/

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2019 Honda CR-V EX-L, 2017 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I also have the resonator delete with the Vibrant 1040 muffler and suffer from a horrible tuning fork type of noise in high rpm's. I can't recommend this setup since it has created this same issue for several members. The common denominator is the Vibrant 1040 muffler.

https://www.civicx.com/threads/loud-whistle-whine-over-4k-rpms.35831/
I honestly can say that I haven't noticed this. I had mine welded by a stainless guy. Maybe I have a different bend? I do get a weird howling when I really get on it, but I can hear that below 4k rpms also. I thought it was the tires, but put in wider summer tires and it does the same thing. I need to try to get a recording of it.

WOPSiWOT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sounds good. I just ordered the HKS, but if it ends up being back-ordered or something, I would definitely consider this one.

2tone

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic si. 2006 bmw 325i
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
But how does this sound catless is the question

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
Personally though i could not justify a grand just for better sound with little to no performance gains.
That's basically any exhaust for these cars, no?

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
@amirza786 I'm current sitting at 34k miles. Should I blow a grand on this or the extended Hondacare Warranty? :rofl:
Ha ha I would stay away from a custom exhaust, OEM is the best, IMO. I said this before, most people go chasing after sound, regret it but can't go back to the OEM because they got rid of it or it's too expensive or to much work to reinstall.

I also say if you own a Toyota, Lexus or Honda, an extended warranty is a waste of money. A study by consumer reports showed that by the time you needed it, you are already at 150k, way past the extended warranty period. Now if you own a BMW, VW, Ford or GM, you will for sure need it and use it.

Spend your money on a quality performance Intercooler

Vegas Viking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Ha ha I would stay away from a custom exhaust, OEM is the best, IMO. I said this before, most people go chasing after sound, regret it but can't go back to the OEM because they got rid of it or it's too expensive or to much work to reinstall.

I also say if you own a Toyota, Lexus or Honda, an extended warranty is a waste of money. A study by consumer reports showed that by the time you needed it, you are already at 150k, way past the extended warranty period. Now if you own a BMW, VW, Ford or GM, you will for sure need it and use it.

Spend your money on a quality performance Intercooler
That's probably sound advice, but these 1.5 turbos are untested. That's the only reason I'm considering the warranty.
Sponsored