First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
OK, so how does one "FIND" and get back to an earlier version of AA on one's smartphone ...
I assume once the current version is uninstalled, and an older version installed, then Auto_updates will need to be turned off, or else it will update again.

You can't win --- In earlier versions, I wanted AA to support more apps, but now it does, it has become much more difficult to use with its new "interface", and has lost it's best features -- namely being to easily switch between apps from a much better APP selection interface.
I know in the last two updates I got, if you go to settings within the app, you had too select "try the new version" at the very top.
See if you have that and in select it.
Sponsored

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
I know in the last two updates I got, if you go to settings within the app, you had too select "try the new version" at the very top.
See if you have that and in select it.
Thanks .. I had planed to spend some time today, reverting my Phone back to an earlier version of AA -- had the version all ready to go, but before I did, Played about with the new AA while not driving the car.
In hindsight, it may not be too bad -- just DIFFERENT, so I decided to stick with it , having more thoroughly explored it sitting quietly in the car.
New Version does support more Apps over AA, so maybe that's a plus.

If it now supports Torque Pro, then I am sold !!

kperalta

AluminiumCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Thanks .. I had planed to spend some time today, reverting my Phone back to an earlier version of AA -- had the version all ready to go, but before I did, Played about with the new AA while not driving the car.
In hindsight, it may not be too bad -- just DIFFERENT, so I decided to stick with it , having more thoroughly explored it sitting quietly in the car.
New Version does support more Apps over AA, so maybe that's a plus.

If it now supports Torque Pro, then I am sold !!
Gotta contact torque pro to get that!

kperalta

AluminiumCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Just FYI to all, even though it doesn't work with our cars wireless Android Auto is being enabled on all phones here soon. You can get it now by enabling developer options within the Android Auto app, but it'll only work on compatible headunits which ours is not.

You'll tap on this until it asks you about enabling developer settings:
Honda Civic 10th gen New Android Auto Screenshot_20190914-131707_Android Auto

Then you'll go to the settings by hitting the 3 dots in the corner
Honda Civic 10th gen New Android Auto Screenshot_20190914-131714_Android Auto

Then you'll enable the wireless projection setting
Honda Civic 10th gen New Android Auto Screenshot_20190914-131742_Google Play services

Personally, this is good news. When the Maestro RR2 harness is available for our cars I'll be taking the headunit out and adding the wireless charger so I'll never have to plug in again.

kperalta

AluminiumCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I'm not sure I'm following. So this means it will work with the headunit without being plugged into the car with the cord ?
As I said in my post, not in our cars no. I posted it as info for people who would want to replaced their radio with a wireless android auto compatible unit.

mjh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2020 Sedan; Previously VW Jetta SEL 2016 (auto); Civic EX Sedan 2009 (manual); Civic EX Coupe 2002 (manual)
Country flag
When the Maestro RR2 harness is available for our cars I'll be taking the headunit out and adding the wireless charger so I'll never have to plug in again.
Isn't the operative word if, rather than when? We're in the fifth model year of CivicX, if a Maestro unit was ever going to happen wouldn't it have happened by now? I've been under the impression from the posts here in the forums that the CivicX system just controls too much for an aftermarket solution of any sort.

kperalta

AluminiumCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Isn't the operative word if, rather than when? We're in the fifth model year of CivicX, if a Maestro unit was ever going to happen wouldn't it have happened by now? I've been under the impression from the posts here in the forums that the CivicX system just controls too much for an aftermarket solution of any sort.
Considering I still have customers coming in with a car from the 90s with the original radio in it I'm gonna say no. Especially nowadays when radios do a hell of a lot there's no high demand yet to replace the radio (unless you're like me) so that's why they're taking their time.

Also, under normal circumstances no. If you look up what the Maestro RR can do it does basically everything you current radio can do and more. It can read check engine codes, and clear them. It can adapt the dynamic guidelines from the camera, change vehicle settings, adjust output voltage for compatibility with amplifiers, among other things. It isn't cheap though. So yes, most people won't do it, but it's not for everyone. With the module it's 189 with the RR2 most likely being 200-220. The harness can range from 35-50 currently and perhaps in the future more depending on what it does. There's all sorts of stuff that exists like that though. You have Maestro AR which is solely to retain the radio but swap out the amp and get a clean output (not for our cars though). You have the PACAmp Pro which does the same thing. It's not for the general public cause most people don't even replace their speakers. So yes, they will release it. It's for people who want more features/to make it easier to upgrade their soundsytem without having to use a DSP or waste their money.

Reactions: mjh

marklodi

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
Well, in a round-about way this thread answered my question, as they just announced today that Samsung phones are now Android Auto Wireless capable (S8 or newer). But if the head unit in my 18 SI isn't compatible, then oh well.

Also, in regards to the question about S9s or better being faster with the latest updates, my S10+ is very fast. I did have some issues connecting for a while, but I replaced the USB cable I was using, and that resolved that issue. It takes a few seconds to connect, and I always do two things prior to starting the car: 1) have the USB cable connected to my phone, and 2) have Spotify app running on my phone first. This has solved the occasional non-connection issue, as well as where spotify would forget what song on the current playlist I was playing and either not play at all, or start the playlist over.

I do like the spotify button at the bottom of the nav screen (Waze for me), especially the PAUSE BUTTON. Finally an easy-to-reach pause button. :)

xenon04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sedan 1.5 MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
As I said in my post, not in our cars no. I posted it as info for people who would want to replaced their radio with a wireless android auto compatible unit.
or install honda hack and this app (Headunit Reloaded Emulator for Android Auto https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=gb.xxy.hr&hl=cs) to the connect ;)

photographed by connected phone via wifi :)
unfortunately, only the volume control works from the steering wheel buttons :(
Honda Civic 10th gen New Android Auto img_20190506_125139_2_656

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
goddamnit, freak heatwave today, over 90F - but I gotta go test this out. Losing steering wheel controls for track control would be annoying, but not horrible.

marklodi

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Sedan
Country flag