raphymulyadi

First Name
Raphael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
Country flag
With the pain and suffering of no A/C since January 2019, it is finally fix. It is blowing like arctic air inside the car. It has never been this cold since the first 12 months when I bought it.

Honda Civic 10th gen NEW AC CONDENSER LEAKING  TSB 19-091 E263E280-30BC-4AB4-B12C-59669DC76364
Sponsored

kalvin126

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WOP Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
I just checked in with dealer about the bulletin and I have to pay $500 out of pocket for an evacuation recharge just to check for a leak and the service advisor said it was a recall. I have a ‘16 EX with 41500 miles.
Oh wow, My dealer did not require me to pay to do a evacuation recharge

SCcivic

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 300zx 2012 Corolla S 2018 Civic Hatchback 1.5L Turbo
Country flag
sooooo are civic hatchbacks not not having issues with this condensor?

My gf bought a civic EX sedan and had A/C problems a week later. She took it to the dealer and the determined the AC wasnt properly filled or not filled at all from factory since it was completely empty. They recharge the system (warranty) and its been good since. This is the non turbo model, so her condenser is exposed like all the other sedan owners out there.

Should I advise her to go back in and get her Condensor inspected since there is a TSB? or should we wait it out until an AC issue arises?

My FK7 blows cold air but the air flow is weak. I also have the anoying whine/whislte issue coming from the vents

uokrol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic WOP Ex-T, 2014 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
Country flag
I went to the dealership that i got my car from on Friday. One of the service guys called me and said that it was my condenser and told me it was going to be $800. Told him about the tsb and he looked it up and said he will get it ordered. Calls me back a minute later and said his tech just told him there was a hole in the condenser so the tsb won't be applied. Told him to not do anything and I will be there to check.

Sure enough, he already went home when i got there so i grabbed another guy and we went to check but couldn't see any visible holes or any damage to the rib of the condenser. He told me they will call me Monday (today) so i can bring it back in for an inspection. I'll bring it in and if it's not covered, i'm bringing it to another dealership.

I honestly think all these dealers are ripping mindless people who thinks it's normal.

uokrol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
An update from yesterday. Went back to the dealership and talked with the service manager. He was surprised that no one put dye in the ac system to see where the leak was coming from. Told me to wait while he puts it on a hoist and check. Came back 15 minutes later and said he indeed did find a hole in the condenser, but it was also leaking where the manufacturer defect was. Never even put dye in it so i don't know how he knew. Anyways he said forget about paying, he's just going to warranty it. So that's that.

I mean i'm happy, but i can really see where they try to just get you to buy a new condenser if you don't push back or know about the service bulletin. I really pushed the image on the tsb saying that there were no damage on the ribs of the condenser. He knew that i knew what i was talking about. So i'm just glad i got the warranty.

Last edited:

OP
OP
dallasjhawk

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
An update from yesterday. Went back to the dealership and talked with the service manager. He was surprised that no one put dye in the ac system to see where the leak was coming from. Told me to wait while he puts it on a hoist and check. Came back 15 minutes later and said he indeed did find a hole in the condenser, but it was also leaking where the manufacturer defect was. Never even put dye in it so i don't know how he knew. Anyways he said forget about paying, he's just going to warranty it. So that's that.

I mean i'm happy, but i can really see where they try to just get you to buy a new condenser if you don't push back or know about the service bulletin. I really pushed the image on the tsb saying that there were no damage on the ribs of the condenser. He knew that i knew what i was talking about. So i'm just glad i got the warranty.
good job. way to stand up for yourself. Too often dealers prey on customers who dont know better.

First Name
André
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic hatchback
Country flag

Where is the manufactures defect located? Taking my girls 2016 Civic this Thursday and my 2017 hatchback next Tuesday

OP
OP
dallasjhawk

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Where is the manufactures defect located? Taking my girls 2016 Civic this Thursday and my 2017 hatchback next Tuesday
straight from the TSB, this is what the dealer is looking for

Honda Civic 10th gen NEW AC CONDENSER LEAKING  TSB 19-091 upload_2019-8-28_8-27-56

uokrol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
From what the service manager told me, the leak would be coming from the bottom corners on the condenser. As long as it's not damaged on the rib, you should get the warranty.

mia347

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Ex-l
Country flag
I am in the process of getting the compressor replaced on my 2016 Honda Ex-T which is leaking. They want to charge me $1600 for the repair. I know from doing Google searches that it is faulty and am glad I finally found the new service warranty that specifically deals with this problem on this thread. Thank you for bringing this to light. I left a message with my dealer, Honda West, here in Las Vegas that they better check TSB 19-091. I will update you as soon as they return my call

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
The most amazing thing is that after one settled class-action lawsuit related to AC condensers, Honda still can't procure good condensers.
I never believed in any significant number of condensers being damaged by road debris, certainly not in turbo civics. It's all lies.

At the same time the dealers indulge in very lucrative labor charges for AC work.

mia347

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Ex-l
Country flag
They called back and said it was the compressor not the condenser that needed to be replaced because of a leak. I believe that they did this on purpose because they know the condenser is now covered under a new warranty. I am upset with this whole thing because this car is a little over 3 years old, with under 21K miles, has been maintained regularly.
I called Honda and explained my situation with compressor vs condenser, they said you can take it to another dealer. It is too late to do that now because they fixed it as per my go ahead from yesterday. The service technician said he would talk to his manager about it.

mia347

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Ex-l
Country flag
Own a 2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 20k miles, 3 year warranty just expired 3 months ago.
My air conditioner was blowing warm air. Took it to the dealer, Honda West in Las Vegas, yesterday and they said
my AC leakage problem is caused by the compressor, costing $1600 for replace and repair. I asked if their was a alternate solution..finally caved in and agreed for them to proceed.
Then I did more research and found out that condenser now has an extended warranty due to AC leakage problems. Apparently this is all related multiple, defective Honda’s air conditioner components, condenser and compressor. Honda should be accountable on this matter

mia347

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Ex-l
Country flag
Own a 2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 20k miles, 3 year warranty just expired 3 months ago.
My air conditioner was blowing warm air. Took it to the dealer, Honda West in Las Vegas, yesterday and they said
my AC leakage problem is caused by the compressor, costing $1600 for replace and repair. I asked if their was a alternate solution..finally caved in and agreed for them to proceed.
Then I did more research and found out that condenser now has an extended warranty due to AC leakage problems. Apparently this is all related multiple, defective Honda’s air conditioner components, condenser and compressor. Honda should be accountable on this matter
Update: After complaining to the dealer and Honda about this defect, the service department got back to me and told me that Honda is paying for 90% for the cost of repair. My out of pocket will be around $100. Thank you for having this forum to get the information necessary for empowering us consumers

chiefbrody

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-L
Country flag
I just called Honda to confirm that my car is covered under the TSB 19-091 and they said I am covered and to take it into a dealer to get diagnosed.

Will I run into any issues because of my PRL Downpipe or tune that is on the car? Should I flash back to stock?

I also have a Boomba BOV and PRL intake.

What is the outlook on upgrades in the eyes of the stealerships?
Sponsored

Last edited: