NEW AC CONDENSER LEAKING TSB 19-091

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
I mean a large hole would indicate rock damage. They are looking for small holes or corrosion. You can always ask to see the damage as well once they remove the condenser
You "assume" you will shown YOUR removed "damaged" Condenser ;)
Sponsored

samuellms

First Name
Samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sedan touring 2016
Country flag
My case just got rejected by NCDS because Honda is lying and said I requested a refill to a damaged condenser. Is this TSB gonna be any help for me?

JamesV1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX
Country flag
Wouldnt hurt for you to try.

Is it normal to have weak airflow out the sidevents? By weaker i more just mean compared to other cars, its a small hold so i get it but still

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
My case just got rejected by NCDS because Honda is lying and said I requested a refill to a damaged condenser. Is this TSB gonna be any help for me?
So many unknowns in this comment.

Your case got rejected by NCDS .. fair enough (well maybe "fair" is not the right word)

But
What case, for what ..

If you did request that Honda recharge a damaged condenser, then that request should logically be rejected -- re-charging a know leaking A/C system is not the correct course of action.

If you have a damaged condenser, it is becoming pretty clear now, that at least one batch of condensers had a manufacturing defect, and we all can clearly see that the chances of the condenser getting damaged by "Road debris" is very slim -- so much so, that NOBODY has been able to post a picture of a Road Damaged Condenser on the Internet.

More Dealers service shop BS !!!

Or is it that your claim was for a defective condenser, and Honda changed that to a request for recharging a leaking condenser.

Whatever, there is now an Official SB out there that addresses defective condensers, with a 10 year warranty, so maybe it's time to go back to your dealer, armed with a copy of this SB, ( someone has already posted a clear copy here on the forum) and request that they carry out the SB as a warranty repair on your leaking A/C system.

If they say "ROAD DAMAGE", get some Photographic evidence, and share it with the world.. you will be the 1st, and every Honda GenX owner will be behind you...

PandaXpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EX-T with Honda Sensing
Country flag
i have made an appoint to bring my car in tomorrow and they said their is a $140 inspection charge, waived if it is covered under the TSB and if not i have to pay 140 or it is used toward the repair. I do not think that is right? is that normal

scottEXT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic ext, 2015 crv se
Country flag
Mine was done under warranty last year. All free including recharge
At 61k just out of fact warranty but I’m not retarded and have the 160k 7yr

OP
OP
dallasjhawk

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i have made an appoint to bring my car in tomorrow and they said their is a $140 inspection charge, waived if it is covered under the TSB and if not i have to pay 140 or it is used toward the repair. I do not think that is right? is that normal
If you are currently still within the regular 3/36 warranty, they should not charge a diag fee. If you are outside that window but trying to get covered under the TSB, it would be acceptable for the dealer to charge that, but if they find its covered then they should NOT charge you at all.

samuellms

First Name
Samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sedan touring 2016
Country flag
So many unknowns in this comment.

Your case got rejected by NCDS .. fair enough (well maybe "fair" is not the right word)

But
What case, for what ..

If you did request that Honda recharge a damaged condenser, then that request should logically be rejected -- re-charging a know leaking A/C system is not the correct course of action.

If you have a damaged condenser, it is becoming pretty clear now, that at least one batch of condensers had a manufacturing defect, and we all can clearly see that the chances of the condenser getting damaged by "Road debris" is very slim -- so much so, that NOBODY has been able to post a picture of a Road Damaged Condenser on the Internet.

More Dealers service shop BS !!!

Or is it that your claim was for a defective condenser, and Honda changed that to a request for recharging a leaking condenser.

Whatever, there is now an Official SB out there that addresses defective condensers, with a 10 year warranty, so maybe it's time to go back to your dealer, armed with a copy of this SB, ( someone has already posted a clear copy here on the forum) and request that they carry out the SB as a warranty repair on your leaking A/C system.

If they say "ROAD DAMAGE", get some Photographic evidence, and share it with the world.. you will be the 1st, and every Honda GenX owner will be behind you...

For the lemon law to apply, you need to make at least 4 warranty repairs for the same non-life threatening issue. One of their arguments is my condenser change is due to outside force(Road Debris), so it is not a warranty repair. And yes, take photos as many as possible when they claim your condenser is caused by road debris, because they will used that against you for lemon law claim.

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
For the lemon law to apply, you need to make at least 4 warranty repairs for the same non-life threatening issue. One of their arguments is my condenser change is due to outside force(Road Debris), so it is not a warranty repair. And yes, take photos as many as possible when they claim your condenser is caused by road debris, because they will used that against you for lemon law claim.
So, do you have any Photographic Evidence showing your Condenser's damage, or even the old Condenser if it was replaced.

First Name
André
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic hatchback
Country flag
AC issues too.. I have va 2017 hatch and noticed that the AC sucks... My friends 2005 Corolla blows Ice Cold AC and mine just isn't at par. Is this normal? Do the updated AC units fix this?

PandaXpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EX-T with Honda Sensing
Country flag
yea im at 27K miles but over 36 months.....i will let you guys know how it turns out tomorrow

If you are currently still within the regular 3/36 warranty, they should not charge a diag fee. If you are outside that window but trying to get covered under the TSB, it would be acceptable for the dealer to charge that, but if they find its covered then they should NOT charge you at all.

samuellms

First Name
Samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sedan touring 2016
Country flag
So, do you have any Photographic Evidence showing your Condenser's damage, or even the old Condenser if it was replaced.
nope I only have the service record. I have a total of two refills of freon, two replacements of the condenser, one replacement of compressor and one replacement of the clutch... I really thought my case is a sure win. I guess NCDS not really fight for it, and I only have the option of lemon law attorney now. And I just found out my AC is not working again today....

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
nope I only have the service record. I have a total of two refills of freon, two replacements of the condenser, one replacement of compressor and one replacement of the clutch... I really thought my case is a sure win. I guess NCDS not really fight for it, and I only have the option of lemon law attorney now. And I just found out my AC is not working again today....
Maybe it's time to find a better Dealer with a better service department ?
Hopefully this new SB will help you get the A/C issues resolved.

87elco

First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 el camino ls swap, 18 civic 6speed, 86 Porsche 911 (euro spec)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Mine was done under warranty last year. All free including recharge
At 61k just out of fact warranty but I’m not retarded and have the 160k 7yr
That's a honda extended warranty? :hmm:

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not only this... a person with a HVAC cert/license (not sure the proper term) is not allowed to recharge a known leaking system... based on what I've been told by both an automotive guy and a residential guy who are HVAC folks. Once they determine a leak exists they can't fill until it's repaired. They're subject to fines if they do so knowingly w/o repairing. No one at Honda should have willy-nilly refilled an empty system or blame that on the customer. If a customer comes in and goes, "My AC is blowing hot" they should know well enough to see that they system is totally depressurized. It's not on the customer to test their system or to know the status of the Freon in the lines. @samuellms that dealer is copping out. They should have never tried to just fill up a system that emptied due to damage. That's on them.
Sponsored