17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen New 2020? Tesla Roadster...OMG! upload_2017-11-17_12-13-57

How much does this change the game? I'm not in the market for a $200k car, but I have to think if you were considering finally picking up that NSX you've always wanted...you might want to throw just a bit more cash in and go for this. Numbers like this are just absurd!
Sponsored

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
Isn't it crazy when I'd lean towards the multi-motor hybrid NSX techno-beast because it's the "traditional" choice?

I can't believe how quickly we're moving towards eliminating internal combustion vehicles. Then again, it's been nearly fifty years of work to get this far (going back to the first emissions standards), so we should've been expecting the change.

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You wanna talk about ADM? Good luck!
Doesn't count since Tesla just sells direct, no dealerships involved.

Short clip of what the Roadster's launch looks like to a bystander. It's like a giant Tamiya R/C car:

Last edited:

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
And it's a lot cheaper than a Chiron, too, isn't it?

callmehandsum

First Name
Studmuffin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si, BMW 540i, Chevy Spark EV, Civic LX
Aww man what a great looking car. It looks like it's going to be the fastest production sports car around a track ever.

On a side note, I own an electric car, the Chevy Spark EV. Don't laugh! I love love this car. The future looks bright people.

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just like an R/C car except you get to physically drive it!

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Holy shit...so I've followed a few people on Twitter (namely MKBHD) who've reserved one. $50k reservation.

The founders edition literally requires the entire $250k upfront. lol they're holding onto your $$$ interest-free for years. That's putting too much confidence into Elon lol

bembol

SHIFT_
First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 Sport Touring, 20 Audi Q3 Progressiv
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Hopefully I'll win the lottery by then. LOL

It's amazing, Tesla finally nailed the design.

OP
OP

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag

Hopefully I'll win the lottery by then. LOL

It's amazing, Tesla finally nailed the design.
I know it. The thing looks awesome! If they can deliver on the stats - particularly the 600 mile range - this will be awesome! I don't think most operators will be able to handle the power unless it has some ability to maintain 'straight' on launches.

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Holy shit...so I've followed a few people on Twitter (namely MKBHD) who've reserved one. $50k reservation.

The founders edition literally requires the entire $250k upfront. lol they're holding onto your $$$ interest-free for years. That's putting too much confidence into Elon lol
With the stories coming out of Tesla lately, he's probably using that money on the semi and model 3. May be out of business before this car ever delivers the way he's blowing through capital.

I know it. The thing looks awesome! If they can deliver on the stats - particularly the 600 mile range - this will be awesome! I don't think most operators will be able to handle the power unless it has some ability to maintain 'straight' on launches.
Have you ever noticed that every Tesla owner around you has to launch off the stop lights like they are at a drag strip every time? That's what I see around here and I always say "Why the fuck did you buy an EV if you drive it like a blown domestic drag car?"

Lcifer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
With the stories coming out of Tesla lately, he's probably using that money on the semi and model 3. May be out of business before this car ever delivers the way he's blowing through capital.

Have you ever noticed that every Tesla owner around you has to launch off the stop lights like they are at a drag strip every time? That's what I see around here and I always say "Why the fuck did you buy an EV if you drive it like a blown domestic drag car?"
Even if Tesla does go out of business he paved the way for the electic car to be a real possibility thru the expansion of charging stations and public awareness win win for everyone but Tesla investors if he goes bankrupt

87elco

First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 el camino ls swap, 18 civic 6speed, 86 Porsche 911 (euro spec)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ugh could you imagine going to a motorsports track and it just be silent. I wouldn't go anymore
Sponsored