Negotiate Honda Plus Coverage?

skinz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Civic LX & 2012 Odyssey EX-L
Has anyone been able to negotiate a cheaper price for the Honda Plus warranty in Canada?

Can you even do that??
Sponsored

PaperWingz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 WOP Civic EX-T
Country flag
I got the 6 year / 100,00KM coverage for $888 before taxes instead of $1288 as indicated in the Honda Plus pamphlet. There's definitely room to negotiate pricing on it!

OP
OP

skinz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I got the 6 year / 100,00KM coverage for $888 before taxes instead of $1288 as indicated in the Honda Plus pamphlet. There's definitely room to negotiate pricing on it!
Did you negotiate this when you signed the final paper work? Just say you wanted to pay less or what?

GoPackGo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Energy Green Coupe
Did you negotiate this when you signed the final paper work? Just say you wanted to pay less or what?
That's when you usually do it yes. You'll be dealing with the finance guy at that point.

PaperWingz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 WOP Civic EX-T
Country flag
That's when you usually do it yes. You'll be dealing with the finance guy at that point.
Negotiation is typically done when signing the final paperwork with the finance manager but I actually went back about a month after I purchased the vehicle and got that price. I realized after the fact that there's so much new technology in the Civic X, especially the Honda Sensing models, that I figured I'd play it safe!

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
My guy said flat out no. I even told him then I didn't want it if there's no room for negotiations but he said that's ok then. I guess he called my bluff because I ended up paying full price.

OP
OP

skinz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I asked for a cheaper price today and got shot down.

Didn't end up buying warranty today.

Know of any dealers that are willing to sell Honda Plus at a discount? Can you buy over the phone?