rrsi18

First Name
Saman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi A4 -- 2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Hey guys,

I have a 2017 Audi A4 that I am DDing. I live in Los Angeles, CA and looking to buying the Rallye Red 2018 Civic Type-R as a weekend car, and to hopefully keep it in great condition for as long as possible.

I have a credit union Logix who will give me 2.9% for 60 month financing, as the dealerships only have 3.9-4.9% that I have been finding on the Type R. The only problem I have is that most dealerships want to sell me the car for 2-5k over MSRP+ tax. I am willing to fly anywhere in California to drive the car back if I can buy the car at MSRP + tax without any mark up.

Do you guys know of any dealerships that might be able to give me this deal? I have a 800+ credit score, great proof of funds, and already have a loan approval for the car through Logix. Did any of you guys purchase the CTR in california for MSRP + Tax?

Is my deal possible, or am I just wasting my time in your honest opinions? Again I am not in a rush for the car, but really want to get my hands on one if I can soon! I love my Audi a4, but its a lease as I usually lease cars and got a steal on it! For once I want to purchase a car, and I think the CTR would be a great fit for me.

Thank you,
RRCTR18
Sponsored

ez12a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CW Type R
Country flag
Check out the stickied thread for MSRP dealers in California. At best, dealers in California will add some kind of accessory/protection package as mark up. I have not yet seen a pure, no add-on MSRP dealer in California.

Back when i was looking there was a dealer in Valencia advertising "MSRP" but turns out they were actually selling accessories on top.

Wait for 2019 models to come out and see what it does to prices.

Last edited:
OP
OP
rrsi18

rrsi18

First Name
Saman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Check out the stickied thread for MSRP dealers in California. At best, dealers in California will add some kind of accessory/protection package as mark up. I have not yet seen a pure, no add-on MSRP dealer in California.

Back when i was looking there was a dealer in Valencia advertising "MSRP" but turns out they were actually selling accessories on top.

Wait for 2019 models to come out and see what it does to prices.
Ahh okay thank you so much! Do you think there will be 2019 Type R's coming out?

ez12a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CW Type R
Country flag
Ahh okay thank you so much! Do you think there will be 2019 Type R's coming out?
Probably late Fall '18 when we'll start seeing them in the showrooms. It'll be a facelift so the '18s in the showroom should be easier to get at lower prices/MSRP.

zelmo

First Name
Romy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R, 2020 Honda Pilot
Country flag
If the mark up is only $2k, grab it ASAP! That's very minimal compared to what others here paid.

It will be very difficult to find a dealership in Los Angeles who's willing to sell the CTR for MSRP.

OP
OP
rrsi18

rrsi18

First Name
Saman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Probably late Fall '18 when we'll start seeing them in the showrooms. It'll be a facelift so the '18s in the showroom should be easier to get at lower prices/MSRP.
Are they coming out for sure though:?

If the mark up is only $2k, grab it ASAP! That's very minimal compared to what others here paid.

It will be very difficult to find a dealership in Los Angeles who's willing to sell the CTR for MSRP.
Thank you Zelmo! Around how much did you pay on mark up if you don't mind me asking?

OP
OP
rrsi18

rrsi18

First Name
Saman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i paid msrp no accessories and got 2.75% usaa

72 months
Was this back in Colorado? If so amazing deal! Alsso for USAA are you a veteran or someone in your family? Do they offer this to non veterans?

Thanks for your help

Driveitlikeuboughtit

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW CTR
Country flag
It depends when he bought it too - interest rates have been steadily marching up since the beginning of the year at least. Fed is projected to raise rates twice again this year, which will lead to higher lending rates.

OP
OP
rrsi18

rrsi18

First Name
Saman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It depends when he bought it too - interest rates have been steadily marching up since the beginning of the year at least. Fed is projected to raise rates twice again this year, which will lead to higher lending rates.
That is true! Thank you so much. I really want the Civic badly! :\

JayeGee

JaysCTR2528
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 EK HATCH EJ6 & 2017 CTR FK8
Country flag
personally i have never seen msrp anywhere in nocal or socal everyone i know & met have paid markup one way or the other your best bet is in the east coast msrp no adm and no matter where you buy outside of california within the u.s.a of course the car is 50 state legal for smog so you will not have any issues bringing it to cali.

OP
OP
rrsi18

rrsi18

First Name
Saman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
personally i have never seen msrp anywhere in nocal or socal everyone i know & met have paid markup one way or the other your best bet is in the east coast msrp no adm and no matter where you buy outside of california within the u.s.a of course the car is 50 state legal for smog so you will not have any issues bringing it to cali.
Hey JayGee great news guys! I just found a dealership in Mid Cal near Fresno, and one in So Cal Near San Diego that will sell it MSRP + tax. Unfortunately they do not have the RR and only in blue and charcoal so I will wait for them to hopefully get the RR to make the deal happen! I will keep you guys updated! Also maybe if I wait for the 2019 to come out in Fall I can maybe get a better deal possibly?

JayeGee

JaysCTR2528
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 EK HATCH EJ6 & 2017 CTR FK8
Country flag
You might get a better deal if you wait for 2019 ctr but if you do get a RR CTR at msrp sooner go for it!

puppers

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Aegean Blue Type R
Country flag
AutoNation Roseville Honda sold me mine at MSRP with just accessories. 2018 Aegean Blue.

They have it listed at $5k over, but talk them down, they will accept offers on it.

ez12a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CW Type R
Country flag
Hey JayGee great news guys! I just found a dealership in Mid Cal near Fresno, and one in So Cal Near San Diego that will sell it MSRP + tax. Unfortunately they do not have the RR and only in blue and charcoal so I will wait for them to hopefully get the RR to make the deal happen! I will keep you guys updated! Also maybe if I wait for the 2019 to come out in Fall I can maybe get a better deal possibly?
Nice great news! Yes the 2019 is a definite thing. There are photos of it online and it will have a facelift.

Definitely wait for the color you want, have no regrets!
Sponsored