1.5T Need Tuning Advice!

Kavooch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Hi everyone, this is my first time really using the forum so forgive me if I'm starting a new thread on something that's already been covered. So here's the deal.. Ive had my 2016 EX-T for about 2 years now and im thinking of tuning it. Ive already made up my mind that I want to use Ktuner. My problem is that I live in Ca, and I dont really know what I'm doing. All I want is a base tune that gives my car more power when im not in Eco mode. I'm not trying to make this thing a race car, I just want it to have a bit more punch for fun. Theres a tuning shop near me willing to flash my ecu for $300. Is that reasonable? Or should I just buy my own unit? All feeback is appreciated
Sponsored

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
buy your own unit
you can get a new v1.2 for $450 or used around 350-400

typemismatch

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A whole farm of Hondas
Country flag
buy your own unit
you can get a new v1.2 for $450 or used around 350-400
X2

It really only takes a couple of minutes and a laptop to learn what you need to do to reflash an ECU with one of the provided maps from either KTuner or Hondata.

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Hi everyone, this is my first time really using the forum so forgive me if I'm starting a new thread on something that's already been covered. So here's the deal.. Ive had my 2016 EX-T for about 2 years now and im thinking of tuning it. Ive already made up my mind that I want to use Ktuner. My problem is that I live in Ca, and I dont really know what I'm doing. All I want is a base tune that gives my car more power when im not in Eco mode. I'm not trying to make this thing a race car, I just want it to have a bit more punch for fun. Theres a tuning shop near me willing to flash my ecu for $300. Is that reasonable? Or should I just buy my own unit? All feeback is appreciated
I believe you called and we got you set on your way forward. If you have any questions don't hesitate to reach out again.

10genjdm

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CIVIC HATCBACK SPORT 1.5T
Country flag
Hello,
anyone have a tuner the recommend in the NJ area? Looking to do the Ktuner v2 (CVT)!

NoKz

Speed Limit Tester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si Coupe (Sold 12/2021)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The KTuner V1.2 with basemap will more than make you happy. Go for it!
Sponsored