need sugestions on keeping the infotainment screen and the plastic gauge cover clean

First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan
Country flag
I was wondering if anyone has any tips for dusting and cleaning the screens and clear plastics in the car. Also, if there are any tips for cleaning the shiny piano black trim pieces, especial the one around the climate control buttons and knobs.
Any tips are appreciated, thanks!
Sponsored

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Honda Civic Hatch
Country flag
I was wondering if anyone has any tips for dusting and cleaning the screens and clear plastics in the car. Also, if there are any tips for cleaning the shiny piano black trim pieces, especial the one around the climate control buttons and knobs.
Any tips are appreciated, thanks!
Ive noticed around the volume knob on my sport hatch the oil from my skin gets on the plastic and makes it darker. Ive found that any all purpose interior detailer and a microfiber cloth work wonders. i only use the detailer when things like oil from skin or other substances are on the plastic but when its just dusty i simply wipe it down with a microfiber cloth

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
I brought a few meguiar’s kits on clearance. And it included a microfiber cloth. I keep one in the car now and randomly clean it once a few weeks. No water or wetness or nothing, just dusting and wipe. Works well.

Snowwolfe

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 LX CVT sedan, blue. 2019 F250 Super Duty Lariat 2017 Ford Expedition
Country flag
Most important thing is to remove the dust before cleaning it. The best way I ever found is to buy a big "make up" brush. You can find them at Walmart or bigger drug stores. Spray a light mist of water on the brush once and use it to brush away the dust. Then use a microfiber towel to remove the fingerprints.

PhilF

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV EX-L Platinum White Pearl/Ivory, 2020 CRV EX-L Crystal Black Pearl/Grey
Country flag
I keep a Swiffer in the door pocket, change it once a week or so, removes the dust from the dash, screen, instruments & console. Won't scratch the screen. Anytime I see a lot of fingerprints on the screen, a clean microfiber cloth lightly spritzed with TV screen cleaner. Wiping the screen with anything dry tends to scratch it.

OP
OP
little_red_honda
First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan
Country flag
I brought a few meguiar’s kits on clearance. And it included a microfiber cloth. I keep one in the car now and randomly clean it once a few weeks. No water or wetness or nothing, just dusting and wipe. Works well.
wouldn't that scratch the screen?

OP
OP
little_red_honda
First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan
Country flag
I keep a Swiffer in the door pocket, change it once a week or so, removes the dust from the dash, screen, instruments & console. Won't scratch the screen. Anytime I see a lot of fingerprints on the screen, a clean microfiber cloth lightly spritzed with TV screen cleaner. Wiping the screen with anything dry tends to scratch it.
Could you also spray it with water if you don't have a dedicated screen cleaner?

RobXsi

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nata
Country flag

NoHonor937

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lunar silver coupe 1.5T
Country flag
I bought a plastic carbon fiber cover for the shifter cover and it’s dark so the fingerprints and dust don’t show. I bought wrap so I’m gonna replace it with that cause I don’t particularly like how much the plastic sticks out.

Honda Civic 10th gen need sugestions on keeping the infotainment screen and the plastic gauge cover clean 026B5891-4EA2-4067-93EF-E34FFFD9B871

OP
OP
little_red_honda
First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan
Country flag
I bought a plastic carbon fiber cover for the shifter cover and it’s dark so the fingerprints and dust don’t show. I bought wrap so I’m gonna replace it with that cause I don’t particularly like how much the plastic sticks out.

026B5891-4EA2-4067-93EF-E34FFFD9B871.jpeg
I got the carbon fiber ricer tape from Autozone and put it on the black piece behind the shifter and it looks pretty good. It is fingerprint resistant and hides the dust pretty well. I'm not a fan of the stick-on covers because of how they are usually raised and stick out.

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
The good news is that if you scratch up your Instruiment panel glass(Plastic), and new replacement one is only about $15 !! (Honda parts Online)
Assuming you can install it yourself..

I would not like to guess how much a dealer would charge to supply & fit !!!
Sponsored