Need some help be for buying wheels

Smokefest85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Ex
Country flag
I need some help with the wheels and I'm going to pick up soon Aodhan Ah02 18x9.5 30 off set I have stock suspension and I'm looking to get a meaty tire to fill in the fender gap cuz I do live in Massachusetts with pot holes everywhere will there be any rubbing with a 30 mm offset
Sponsored

joshhjackson2112

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI
Country flag
I need some help with the wheels and I'm going to pick up soon Aodhan Ah02 18x9.5 30 off set I have stock suspension and I'm looking to get a meaty tire to fill in the fender gap cuz I do live in Massachusetts with pot holes everywhere will there be any rubbing with a 30 mm offset
Sweet spot is 35 to 40 for that width of tire. There is a good chance of rubbing with that offset depending on the tires you choose. I run 18 x 9.5 35 offset. Tire is ps4s 245 40. Stock suspension. No rubbing at all. Even with aggressive driving. I thought I was going to push the limits with my set up but have not had one issue. I think the weight of the driver has a part in this also. I have heard people rubbing with less aggressive set ups than mine. :dunno:
That or every car is not the same.

OP
OP
Smokefest85

Smokefest85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Ex
Country flag
Ok thanks for the help should I get tpms with the new wheel this will be my first set of wheels

Deezy

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Sedan 6MT (FC2)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ok thanks for the help should I get tpms with the new wheel this will be my first set of wheels
You can use your original TPMS.
It's an indirect system, so there are no sensors in the wheel itself.

OP
OP
Smokefest85

Smokefest85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Ex
Country flag
I was going to order them online and have them mounted and balanced for me so should I get the TPMS sensors or do I even need them

Deezy

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Sedan 6MT (FC2)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Put down the weed and listen to me.... You do not need to purchase the sensors. What's already on your car will work with the new wheels.:D

OP
OP
Smokefest85

Smokefest85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Ex
Country flag
Okay I'm on my third blunt now but let me get this straight so I do not need to buy any new sensors for my wheels I am getting them mounted and balanced shipped to me so it would be an inconvenience to have to take them off the old rims and put them on the new ones and then pay for it to get mounted and balanced again

Vic_L

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Okay I'm on my third blunt now but let me get this straight so I do not need to buy any new sensors for my wheels I am getting them mounted and balanced shipped to me so it would be an inconvenience to have to take them off the old rims and put them on the new ones and then pay for it to get mounted and balanced again
No new sensors needed.
Again, 10th gen Civics don't have TPMS.
Wheel rotation is checked.

18 x 9.5 +35 should be okay.
There is quite a bit of clearance in the wheel well, between the wheel hub and suspension.
Actually, the amount of poke would be something you should consider.

A local Si Coupe owner (we keep in touch) temporarily had a set of 18x10, and eve that cleared fine.

I'm on a set of 18x9 +40 on stock suspension with 245/40/18 tires, and no problems -- basically flush, with a tiny bit of poke.
9.5" = 24cm, 9" = 22cm
Extra ~0.5" (or 1 - 1.5cm) on either side.
But +35 (vs +40) offset pushes you back in 5mm.
Plenty of room.

Benster

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic HB Sport 6MT
Country flag
worst case you can buy spacers to space them out if it doesn't fit properly with your 30 offset

OP
OP
Smokefest85

Smokefest85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Ex
Country flag
I ended up going with a different wheel because the other one was on backorder. i got a 18x9.5 35mm offset jnc 031 wheel with a 235/40/18 Federal 595 tire .should be in next week and thank you guy for the help
Sponsored