Sxcrates

First Name
Socrates Molano
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I currently only have a 27won intake, planning on getting a mishimoto or injen intercooler for the hot sunny California days and also KTuner. Not sure if I would need a base map tune to have the car running its full potential with the intercooler and intake. I heard TSP Stage Stage 1 is very good for gains, but also that the AFR's sometimes show it running rich and that the clutch starts slipping. Im looking for a tune that wont easily show the dealership that its modded since im still paying off the car. If you can give me some insight, I would appreciate it
Sponsored

Last edited:

TheAsianNguyen

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
TSP Stage 1 allows you to change Maps on the fly. Its more of how obedient you are when driving the car. If you have already gone passed the break in period, then having a tune would most definitely help when you have both intake and intercooler installed. Typically dealerships won't go out their way to find if you car has been flashed or not unless their is an issue that the aftermarket part caused. Things such as weird AFR turned into seized engine or Hydrolock due to improper installation.

If and when you get a tune, monitor the AFRs for a week to see if its running right, then most likely you should be fine. Otherwise, just let TwoStep Performance know that your tune is running too rich and you may have gotten a race file tune by accident.

Now, I won't just you by which aftermarket parts you decide to choose. However, I can tell you from experience that having just an intake and intercooler does tend to create more lag and surging. It doesn't necessarily mean that it'll mess the car up, its just not as potential until you get a tune. I'm in Socal with you, so if you need to know anything more just DM me.

NoelPR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ridgeline RTL-E (Thanks to the CTR markups)
Country flag
Random questions. Does Hondata/KTuner let you track AFR without a wideband?
At least for the 2006-2011 SI model Hondata allowed you to see it without the need to have a wideband sensor. They managed to crack the stock O2 signal.

TheAsianNguyen

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
If you have tunerview, or using ktunerv2 or using ktunerv1.2 with laptop, you'll be able to see the AFR on both tuning devices.

TheAsianNguyen

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Whats the normal afr ranges?
The normal AFR value should be 14.7
On a normal highway cruise it may be as high as 16.5 (lean), any higher and you may need to be careful. And any pulls may dip down towards 11 (rich) try to avoid going low as well.

I guess being 11-16.5 is your safe range and 14.7 is your target range.

Jonmd89

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si
Country flag
The normal AFR value should be 14.7
On a normal highway cruise it may be as high as 16.5 (lean), any higher and you may need to be careful. And any pulls may dip down towards 11 (rich) try to avoid going low as well.

I guess being 11-16.5 is your safe range and 14.7 is your target range.
Well from my visual observations without any logging it is between 14-15 so that’s good haha

abracadaniel_

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si coupe pwp
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've been curious about this. just wanted to get clarification because mine is always around 14.5 - 14.9 cruising and i didn't know if that was too high
so thats normal then?

Drake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
TSP Stage 1 allows you to change Maps on the fly. Its more of how obedient you are when driving the car. If you have already gone passed the break in period, then having a tune would most definitely help when you have both intake and intercooler installed. Typically dealerships won't go out their way to find if you car has been flashed or not unless their is an issue that the aftermarket part caused. Things such as weird AFR turned into seized engine or Hydrolock due to improper installation.
You can change the maps on any of the Ktuner basemaps on the fly as well, correct?
Is the TSP Stage 1 considered generally superior to the basemaps a Ktuner V2 comes with?

Gotch

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si
Country flag
I've been curious about this. just wanted to get clarification because mine is always around 14.5 - 14.9 cruising and i didn't know if that was too high
so thats normal then?
Perfectly normal. My Si on TSP Stage 1 runs 14-15.5 cruising.
Sponsored