First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Does this look like it was hit by a car to you guys, or something else may have hit it, like any of the tons of trees that fell in the bad storm we had the night this happened? It happened while the car was sitting still. My insurance wants to file it as collision, for which my deductible is 500.00, its only 100.00 for a comprehensive claim. I just don't see how the paint could be removed at an angle like that if it were hit by a car. I did post these pics on another thread, but I've didn't want to hijack that thread asking for your opinions.
Honda Civic 10th gen Need opinions..... IMG_20191017_130252379

Honda Civic 10th gen Need opinions..... IMG_20191017_130245826

Launcher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback (EX)
Country flag
The first pic looks like rock chips but the second maybe someone hit it with the edge of the door or something?? Or just a shopping cart hit your side there..

Rayzorman1

I bleed Honda red.......
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport Touring Hatchback, 2019 Type R. 2021 CRV Black Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Whatever hit it, it’s totally strange because there are only chips and no other abrasion points other than what I think is on the plastic.

Have you had the repair appraised? Might be worth it to simply pay it out of pocket.

OP
OP
Rickmeister 48

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well,this happened in front of the house, and the way my car was parked, I'm sure it wasn't hit by a car.
The insurance company appraised the damage at 536.00,of which I have to pay 500.00 of since they are calling it a collision claim. I'm saying since the car was parked and it most likely isn't a car that hit it,it should be comprehensive, if that were the case,I might of gotten it fixed for the 100.00, but I'm most likely just gonna fix it myself. Just ticked that the insurance company is trying to screw me.

xaviersayys

Xavier
First Name
Xavier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The first two look like rock chips. I have a couple like that, at first I was super upset about them but after touching it up myself with a paint pen they're really hard to find (unless you're specifically looking for them).

OP
OP
Rickmeister 48

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The first two look like rock chips. I have a couple like that, at first I was super upset about them but after touching it up myself with a paint pen they're really hard to find (unless you're specifically looking for them).
I don't even care about those, I'm more concerned with the larger piece. I just included the little spots to show that I didn't think a car could of done that.

OP
OP
Rickmeister 48

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
After a bit of logical persuasion,lol, they decided to switch it to comprehensive for me.

Daniel644

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T Sedan, 2003 Trailblazer LS, 1999 Pontiac Firebird
Country flag
if the car was parked with no one in it (which is what it sounds like with the way you describe it) I don't see how the insurance company can call it a collision

OP
OP
Rickmeister 48

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
if the car was parked with no one in it (which is what it sounds like with the way you describe it) I don't see how the insurance company can call it a collision
From what I understand, if it were another car that ran into and hit it, even though I was parked, it's collision.

OP
OP
Rickmeister 48

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for the help guys. Rates go up every year, despite never having a claim ever with this company in 5 years. :(

Deezy

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Sedan 6MT (FC2)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for the help guys. Rates go up every year, despite never having a claim ever with this company in 5 years. :(
Yeah, I fired my big name insurance company for the same reason.
I recommend going with a small, independent company. Saved me a fortune!

Daniel644

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T Sedan, 2003 Trailblazer LS, 1999 Pontiac Firebird
Country flag
From what I understand, if it were another car that ran into and hit it, even though I was parked, it's collision.
If anything it would be "uninsured motorist" since if it was another car that hit you and they took off then the uninsured motorist coverage kicks in, if the other car stayed then it would be his insurance company paying and he would have to pay the collision deductible on his, but that wouldn't effect repairs to your car, they have to pay for those and you would only get your insurance involved if they refused to pay then your insurance would sue them and you wouldn't need to worry about anything. if it's tree or storm damage then it's comprehensive on your insurance. You should never have to pay the collision deductible for an accident that wasn't your fault.

nizarz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX
Country flag
Well,this happened in front of the house, and the way my car was parked, I'm sure it wasn't hit by a car.
The insurance company appraised the damage at 536.00,of which I have to pay 500.00 of since they are calling it a collision claim. I'm saying since the car was parked and it most likely isn't a car that hit it,it should be comprehensive, if that were the case,I might of gotten it fixed for the 100.00, but I'm most likely just gonna fix it myself. Just ticked that the insurance company is trying to screw me.
Probably best to look at doing it yourself. a) Its on the plastic so no worry about rust if you cant get to repairing it anytime soon. b) It will be way less than $500 c) your insurance rates are likely to go up if you make a claim.
Sponsored