BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
Planning to go to dealer tomorrow. Trading in my si if all goes well, so the tax will be less. What do you all think? Is this a good deal or can i push for more?
It’s a championship white color.

Honda Civic 10th gen Need opinion on price of 2019 R 7D6987DC-53F4-4330-9A63-299D7AC1A114
Sponsored

DeVo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R #21399
Country flag
be sure they give you a good value on the Si. when I traded mine in I got the dealer to fully pay off my loan on it so I wouldn't have anything added on to the price of my R. good luck!

OP
OP
BoostedDreams

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
be sure they give you a good value on the Si. when I traded mine in I got the dealer to fully pay off my loan on it so I wouldn't have anything added on to the price of my R. good luck!
Yeah. Mine is an 18 with 14k miles. I owe 15k so I have good equity

OP
OP
BoostedDreams

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
That's good. However, what is the $800 dealer services fee? Is that the "doc" fee?
Salesman response “Dealer Fee is liquid profit to the dealer like all dealerships carry. Ours is the lowest in the market for our vehicles. $207.50 is the doc fee which includes your electric title transfer“

OneSickFK8

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jae
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PMM FK8
Country flag
Terrible deal! Do not buy! You can get out the door at MSRP or below if you try hard enough! I know you want it bad but please walk on that deal!

OP
OP
BoostedDreams

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Terrible deal! Do not buy! You can get out the door at MSRP or below if you try hard enough! I know you want it bad but please walk on that deal!
I sent the info to another dealer and they said they will beat it. I can push for msrp out the door then if guys think it’s realistic.

OneSickFK8

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jae
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PMM FK8
Country flag
I sent the info to another dealer and they said they will beat it. I can push for msrp out the door then if guys think it’s realistic.
I got a crazy good deal at $36k OTD using a trade with equity to lower my total price that was taxed. Without that it would be $37k OTD. You can easily get it. Just don't be desperate and play dealers against each other!

GraphiteAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
I personally think msrp plus tax is a fair deal. The fee's I'd work to make them eat it.

I'm going to say this as nice as possible:

Do not trade in your car. Get on carvana and get a quote first, take it to carmax 2nd, then try the kbb purchase offer database as well.

You absolutely need to maximize your equity in this deal.

OneSickFK8

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jae
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PMM FK8
Country flag
I personally think msrp plus tax is a fair deal. The fee's I'd work to make them eat it.

I'm going to say this as nice as possible:

Do not trade in your car. Get on carvana and get a quote first, take it to carmax 2nd, then try the kbb purchase offer database as well.

You absolutely need to maximize your equity in this deal.
This is sort of true. In some states if you have equity in the vehicle that takes the total price you have to pay taxes on down. So for me it saved me about $1100. Now could I have tried hard as heck and dealt with tons of BS trying to sell privately yes. However the tax savings worked for me. It is definitely dependent to your situation.

WindJunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE USA-367, 2011 Civic Si (FA5)
Country flag
The destination and handle fee line item is already included in the retail price of $37,230 I believe, so you're being double-charged on that $880 line item fee. If they removed that $880, I'd be fine with that offer. All dealers charge a "dealer fee" (in your quote they call "dealer service"), I paid about the same on my MSRP CTR as well (mine was $599). Are you trading in? Make sure they don't try to romp you there, my brother was getting MSRP offer on the CTR but getting $3k+ less than fair value on KBB and NADA. So, don't let 'em punk you on trade in by making you feel good that you're paying MSRP, is all I'm saying. You're close, if all else fails, just get it mate, it's an amazing car.

Edit: Just double-checked, the before-shipping price of the CTR is $36.3k, so I am correct in that they are double charging you on the destination and handling fee. Good luck!

Honda Civic 10th gen Need opinion on price of 2019 R Screen Shot 2019-10-16 at 6.36.25 PM

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R and a beater ford focus
Country flag
Salesman response “Dealer Fee is liquid profit to the dealer like all dealerships carry. Ours is the lowest in the market for our vehicles. $207.50 is the doc fee which includes your electric title transfer“
Complete BS. Honda dealer in SC. Doc fee 49 dollars thats it no other fees period. Car price plus 49. They even give life time on power train free. So that dealer is full of it on the 800

OP
OP
BoostedDreams

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The destination and handle fee line item is already included in the retail price of $37,230 I believe, so you're being double-charged on that $880 line item fee. If they removed that $880, I'd be fine with that offer. All dealers charge a "dealer fee" (in your quote they call "dealer service"), I paid about the same on my MSRP CTR as well (mine was $599). Are you trading in? Make sure they don't try to romp you there, my brother was getting MSRP offer on the CTR but getting $3k+ less than fair value on KBB and NADA. So, don't let 'em punk you on trade in by making you feel good that you're paying MSRP, is all I'm saying. You're close, if all else fails, just get it mate, it's an amazing car.

Edit: Just double-checked, the before-shipping price of the CTR is $36.3k, so I am correct in that they are double charging you on the destination and handling fee. Good luck!

Screen Shot 2019-10-16 at 6.36.25 PM.png
Trading my 18 si owe 15k on it. Thanks for the info I’m gonna use it !
Sponsored