Need new tires soon. What did you guys get for your second set?

Devcom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic EX-T Coupe 1.5L T, 2020 Camaro LT1 6.2L V8, 2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 4.0L L6
Country flag
My Civic came with Continental Procontacts when I purchased it back in 2016 and I really have no complaints with the tires I think they did everything I wanted since performance wise I left the car stock. At 42k miles though they are now at 5/32nds of tread life left and I will need some soon for sure before next winter. I am thinking of getting the same brand again but was curious what you guys that did leave your car stock in the performance department ended up getting after your wore out. I did a search to try to avoid a repeat thread and didn't come up with anything I was looking for so if there was one that I missed sorry for the repeat thread.
Sponsored

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
I have aftermarket wheels but running 255/35r18 Firestone Indy 500. For the price, BEST BUDGET SUMMER TIRES. Of course if it gets below 40° they’re really useless until the tires warm up, but I wouldn’t use summer tires for any under 40°. Thanks to CA weather I can run summer tires year round, but will be getting Michelin PS4’s next time.

Honda Civic 10th gen Need new tires soon.  What did you guys get for your second set? 86F468AF-2E84-47D0-B81C-F0CD85A2D126

OP
OP
Devcom

Devcom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic EX-T Coupe 1.5L T, 2020 Camaro LT1 6.2L V8, 2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 4.0L L6
Country flag
Those tires you got look good however I would need something that could handle all seasons up here in Kansas City.

Vic_L

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
If you need something all-season, to deal with minor / some snow...Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+

Hollywoo0220

Customer Service oriented (most of the time) :-)
First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dihatsu Charade, BMW, Various Hondas, Focus ST, and VW GTI
Country flag
The more performance rated you get in a tire the less mileage you will obtain from them. Stick with a really good A/S of your choice that fits your budget. Besides, residing in Kansas brings you some extremely frigid road conditions that you will need studs or chain for anyway. I have seen extremely lifted trucks with their "cool" mud/snow tires on that are on the side of the road because they had spun out all over Kansas.

Last edited:

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Don't get Yokohama's. Tires are decent but the road noise is terrible.

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I got Falken ZIEX960 all seasons when I put on a set of 18” Si wheels. I only have about 1,000 miles on them but I’m happy with my purchase.

Pros: comfortable ride with only slightly less response than Goodyear Eagle Sports, good handling in dry and wet, absorbs bumps better than expected, great price

cons: slightly louder than stock but not unbearable and this is a bit of a stretch since I felt like I needed to do a con.

First time I’ve put on Falkens on my cars but I think I found my new go to tire brand.

Eleon

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Michelin PS4S

OP
OP
Devcom

Devcom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks for the suggestions guys I will be looking at what you all mentioned.

OP
OP
Devcom

Devcom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The more performance rated you get in a tire the less mileage you will obtain from them. Stick with a really good A/S of your choice that fits your budget. Besides, residing in Kansas brings you some extremely frigid road conditions that you will need studs or chain for anyway. I have seen extremely lifted trucks with their "cool" mud/snow tires on that are on the side of the road because they had spun out all over Kansas.
I saw a lifted F250 in the Median on I-435 at the Shawnee Mission Parkway exit a not too long ago facing oncoming traffic with those tires you mentioned. lol

ITGRAD

Love my Civic!!!
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring and 2015 Lexus CT200h
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just put the Michelin Energy Saver A/S Self-seal on today. The Firestone FT140's made it to 21K before needing to be replaced. From 21K to 59K, I had the Goodyear Assurance. The Michelin's are by far quieter than the other 2 sets but also all the roads I drive on seem to be repaved. So I will see how they do, hopefully well. Might be trading in the Civic at the end of the summer when the 2022 Nissan Frontier Pro-4X comes out. I really need a truck bed for all my home projects.

TravisClayton

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Fit
Country flag
Getting all-season tires are a very good choice as they are also by far the most popular tire genre on the market right now and it is obvious that everybody wants to have a set of tires that can be put on their vehicle all year round. In my opinion, you can opt for Michelin Defender, Goodyear assurance, or Bridgestone Turanza. I think they are quite good in terms of performance and durability in fact their trad life is also good. I was surfing the net to get some suggestions for the best tires to gift my friend and came across http://toptirereviews.com/ You may also check this site for more, hope it will help you in some or other way.

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
Bf Goodrich gforce and a set of Goodyear exhilarate. Have 2 civics. Same stock 18in size.

Fasha

First Name
Fasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2015
My second set of tires were Michelin tires that I got from 4wheelonline. I'm very satisfied with its performance and it wears longer than other brands.
Sponsored