Need new tires soon. What did you guys get for your second set?

Devcom

My Civic came with Continental Procontacts when I purchased it back in 2016 and I really have no complaints with the tires I think they did everything I wanted since performance wise I left the car stock. At 42k miles though they are now at 5/32nds of tread life left and I will need some soon for sure before next winter. I am thinking of getting the same brand again but was curious what you guys that did leave your car stock in the performance department ended up getting after your wore out. I did a search to try to avoid a repeat thread and didn't come up with anything I was looking for so if there was one that I missed sorry for the repeat thread.

jayy_swish

I have aftermarket wheels but running 255/35r18 Firestone Indy 500. For the price, BEST BUDGET SUMMER TIRES. Of course if it gets below 40° they’re really useless until the tires warm up, but I wouldn’t use summer tires for any under 40°. Thanks to CA weather I can run summer tires year round, but will be getting Michelin PS4’s next time.

86F468AF-2E84-47D0-B81C-F0CD85A2D126.jpeg

Devcom

Those tires you got look good however I would need something that could handle all seasons up here in Kansas City.

Hollywoo0220

Customer Service oriented (most of the time) :-)
The more performance rated you get in a tire the less mileage you will obtain from them. Stick with a really good A/S of your choice that fits your budget. Besides, residing in Kansas brings you some extremely frigid road conditions that you will need studs or chain for anyway. I have seen extremely lifted trucks with their "cool" mud/snow tires on that are on the side of the road because they had spun out all over Kansas.

Last edited:

silverrascal

I got Falken ZIEX960 all seasons when I put on a set of 18” Si wheels. I only have about 1,000 miles on them but I’m happy with my purchase.

Pros: comfortable ride with only slightly less response than Goodyear Eagle Sports, good handling in dry and wet, absorbs bumps better than expected, great price

cons: slightly louder than stock but not unbearable and this is a bit of a stretch since I felt like I needed to do a con.

First time I’ve put on Falkens on my cars but I think I found my new go to tire brand.

Devcom

The more performance rated you get in a tire the less mileage you will obtain from them. Stick with a really good A/S of your choice that fits your budget. Besides, residing in Kansas brings you some extremely frigid road conditions that you will need studs or chain for anyway. I have seen extremely lifted trucks with their "cool" mud/snow tires on that are on the side of the road because they had spun out all over Kansas.
I saw a lifted F250 in the Median on I-435 at the Shawnee Mission Parkway exit a not too long ago facing oncoming traffic with those tires you mentioned. lol