Need KTuner help

Deadgame

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW FK8
Country flag
I just got my V2 today and finally got it setup, tunes installed and transferred to the car. I went back to my computer to load one more tune and now I can't get the V2 to connect to my laptop. For a split second it turns green and says connected, but then goes back to red and says disconnected. I've shut off every firewall, antivirus and popup blocker I can think of, but I'm a Mac guy and Windows 10 really isn't my thing...The cable is installed correctly because the unit lights up when I plug it in, I just can't get it to connect. Any ideas?
Sponsored

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just got my V2 today and finally got it setup, tunes installed and transferred to the car. I went back to my computer to load one more tune and now I can't get the V2 to connect to my laptop. For a split second it turns green and says connected, but then goes back to red and says disconnected. I've shut off every firewall, antivirus and popup blocker I can think of, but I'm a Mac guy and Windows 10 really isn't my thing...The cable is installed correctly because the unit lights up when I plug it in, I just can't get it to connect. Any ideas?
I remember having this issue. Have you tried hooking it back up to the car and the laptop at the same time. I can't remember exactly what happened, but I had the same issue and it had something to do with it not thinking I had registered the V2 unit I believe.

I sort of remember having the V2 connected to my car and selecting to erase the tunes I had on there, but I guess it erased something else it needed...which I think was something to do with it deregistering itself. I had erased them because I was updating my V2 and figured I would load fresh tunes and change the name of them.

So when I did that, it wouldn't come up when I connected it just to my laptop.

Hope that isn't confusing, lol...it happened a while back.