Need help with some noise.

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR - 2020 Acura RDX A-Spec
Country flag
Had a local shop check all suspension (I’m stock) and everything is tight. I don’t hear any noises over rough roads or speed bumps etc. It seems to only be at low speeds (parking lots and my driveway). It’s annoying though. Listen to video with sound up or headphones in. Mainly first 10 seconds and after the loud noise which is me shifting. The noise will happen again. It’s almost like a hollow rattle. Thanks.
Sponsored

Marfoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Can't say I've heard that one before.

Leased10thgen

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si Coupe
Country flag
Hey man, having a similar-ish problem. I just put Enkei RPF1s 18x8.5 with 245 40 18 on. Normally I listen to music when I drive (relatively loud Volume on 15-17). Today, cold day was just going to the gym and decided to drive with the music off, the car sounds as if it is gutted... super hollow sound...

OP
OP
elusiveaura

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Ya I went to the dealer and they kept the car for the day and then overnight while hooking up their sonic sound equipment and finally found the culprit. Its my sway bar end links. They ordered the parts and I should be getting it fixed next week when they come in.

Leased10thgen

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si Coupe
Country flag
Ya I went to the dealer and they kept the car for the day and then overnight while hooking up their sonic sound equipment and finally found the culprit. Its my sway bar end links. They ordered the parts and I should be getting it fixed next week when they come in.
My SI doesn't even have 5k Miles on it yet, do you think it has anything to do with the aftermarket wheels?

OP
OP
elusiveaura

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I guess anything is possible but many people run different sized wheels etc without ever having issues. I only have 5k on my R and when the noise started it was at 3k and still on stock rims at the time so who knows. I had a 17 SI before this and they had to replace a bushing in the right front suspension because I was getting creaking/popping when turning. That car had around 8k when it started. I feel like this gen of civic have issues in the suspension.

My SI doesn't even have 5k Miles on it yet, do you think it has anything to do with the aftermarket wheels?

Leased10thgen

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si Coupe
Country flag
I guess anything is possible but many people run different sized wheels etc without ever having issues. I only have 5k on my R and when the noise started it was at 3k and still on stock rims at the time so who knows. I had a 17 SI before this and they had to replace a bushing in the right front suspension because I was getting creaking/popping when turning. That car had around 8k when it started. I feel like this gen of civic have issues in the suspension.
I appreciate your help, I am going to bring the car to Honda then. I will keep you posted. Also, because its a lease are they going to give me sh*t about the wheels? Or will they at least try to diagnose the problem?

OP
OP
elusiveaura

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
They shouldn’t give you any issues over the wheels at all. I’ve never had any dealer say anything about my wheels with my SI or R. Let me know how it turns out.

I appreciate your help, I am going to bring the car to Honda then. I will keep you posted. Also, because its a lease are they going to give me sh*t about the wheels? Or will they at least try to diagnose the problem?

turboshawn

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
87 Buick Grand National, 11 GTR, 18 CBP Type R, 11 Tundra Rock Warrior
Country flag
I think Honda’s today are just like every other piece of junk on the road. I have had a lot of Honda’s an never had an endlink fail of make noise under 80-100k on the car. Idk what Honda is doing

kg4fxg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring Black
Country flag