Need help installing Hondata Flashpro

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Hi,

I just recently purchased a hondata, and I'm having difficulty installing the software. It doesn't appear to be allowing me to input the vehicle identification number. If anyone is locally nearby that would help. I live around the Glendale/ Montrose area.

Thanks
Sponsored

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
what does it say?
You can always call Hondata support.
Technical Support
Phone: 310-782-8278 (9am - 4pm Pacific Standard Time).
Email: [email protected]

OP
OP
First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Well the real issue I'm coming across is I don't have a desktop. When I spoke with them over the phone they said to watch the youtube channel. However, there are no desktop tutorials on there that I can find.

Last edited:
OP
OP
First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
I found a way to identify the vin number (Turning on car with the OBD Flashpro inserted, while leaving the car on for a minute). However, I found out that the tuner is for the wrong vehicle (Honda CRV, and not the Civic). Ugghhhh. At least now I know I'm not stupid.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Just re-download the Flashpro Manager software and make sure you toggle the correct Civic models during the install. The proper tunes will then show up.

OP
OP
First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Just re-download the Flashpro Manager software and make sure you toggle the correct Civic models during the install. The proper tunes will then show up.
Uhh no dude. It won't allow me to download anything onto it. When I try to lock to vehicle it says the programmer itself is for the wrong vehicle (Honda CRV 1.5T).

OP
OP
First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
I spoke with hondata's technical support and was able to resolve the issue. Just loaded the base 2 map on my car.
Sponsored