First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Ex
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I put new fog lights in car last summer, noticed a puddle of water in passenger side fog light. Ordered new set (different brand) and put them in a couple of weeks ago. Now the same side has condensation building up on the lens, drivers side is all clear. I don't know how the moisture is getting in. Any ideas?
Sponsored

Captain

Ghost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Civic FB7 , 2020Civic FC5
Country flag
I put new fog lights in car last summer, noticed a puddle of water in passenger side fog light. Ordered new set (different brand) and put them in a couple of weeks ago. Now the same side has condensation building up on the lens, drivers side is all clear. I don't know how the moisture is getting in. Any ideas?
maybe bulbs not fully seated.

OP
OP
Garlow1979

Garlow1979

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Ex
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
maybe bulbs not fully seated.
Brand new bulbs. Put them in while the fog lights housings were off the car, but could be the red seal is not sufficient. Going to pull bumber off again and add silicone to rubber seals and tape around the outside of the lens where it is attached to the housing. I thought it could be the orientation of the fog light, it is different than drivers side. The vent hole might be upside down.

eee.ccc

First Name
Vale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 DC5, 2019 Si Sedan
Country flag
Sorry to bring up an old thread but I'm having the same issue, and this is after silicone sealing around the bulb attachment area so it must be watertight.

:(

julesdevore

First Name
jules
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic si coupe
Country flag
Sorry to bring up an old thread but I'm having the same issue, and this is after silicone sealing around the bulb attachment area so it must be watertight.

:(
any luck? I am having the same issue

eee.ccc

First Name
Vale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 DC5, 2019 Si Sedan
Country flag
I gave up on trouble shooting this.
I've decided on letting them rot in The stock housing while maximizing their use and eventually when they die I'm getting the diode dynamics SS3 pro yellows.

But my suspicion is the the fan based LED aftermarket bulbs are inherently not water tight. Or it could be just the bulbs I got, which may be more likely than not since there's been many documented sucessful installs on this forum.
Sponsored