@slow_fk8
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR, 2017 CIVIC HB ex , 2005 BMW 325i
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
my question is:

putting a short ram intake like mishimoto will affect the cars engine reliabilty? will it have bad effects on the engine or anything else late? please don't mention the performance wise to me. i use the car for different purposes and I only care about the sound at least for now.
please i need an answer that only answers my question above.
thanks in advance.
Sponsored

teebee288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2017 hatchback sport, Mazda CX-3 2017, polaris rzr 1000s 2017
Country flag
my question is:

putting a short ram intake like mishimoto will affect the cars engine reliabilty? will it have bad effects on the engine or anything else late? please don't mention the performance wise to me. i use the car for different purposes and I only care about the sound at least for now.
please i need an answer that only answers my question above.
thanks in advance.
Mishimoto sri will screw a littlebit your maf scale like any other aftermarket intake and your engine will run a littlebit more rich. Nothing to worrie about. If in the futur you buy flashpro there's a tune for mishimoto that will rectify the maf scale. I think mishimoto is now the best sri intake on the market, silicone tubing, airbox well desing and a lot of testing for maf scale. May be the fact that engine running a littlebit richer will affect reliability in long long term (carbon buildup) but not sure about it.

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2016 Ford F-150, 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Mishimoto sri will screw a littlebit your maf scale like any other aftermarket intake and your engine will run a littlebit more rich. Nothing to worrie about. If in the futur you buy flashpro there's a tune for mishimoto that will rectify the maf scale. I think mishimoto is now the best sri intake on the market, silicone tubing, airbox well desing and a lot of testing for maf scale. May be the fact that engine running a littlebit richer will affect reliability in long long term (carbon buildup) but not sure about it.
:goodpost:
Sponsored