dark_knight097

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
My end goal for power is about 400whp and 400wtq. I've been looking around the forum for info on what clutch to buy but cant find anything consistent.

Can those who have either the fx350, fx400, or SPEC clutches chime in on there experiences with these clutches?
I'm wondering about the life span of these clutches, drivability, and issues such as rpm lockout.

Any info would be greatly appreciated!
Sponsored

Seth_FC3

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SI coupe
Country flag
My end goal for power is about 400whp and 400wtq. I've been looking around the forum for info on what clutch to buy but cant find anything consistent.

Can those who have either the fx350, fx400, or SPEC clutches chime in on there experiences with these clutches?
I'm wondering about the life span of these clutches, drivability, and issues such as rpm lockout.

Any info would be greatly appreciated!
First off, if ur goal is 400+whp I would start with buying internals. Second, clutch masters aren't bad but i'd wait for ACT to release their clutch after SEMA this weekend

swah_fk7

Regamaster King
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe, 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Start buying internals bud. Not gonna make it far past 300 without a bent rod.

CanadiaegeanBlue

First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan - Aegean Blue Metallic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
OP, this isn't a hit at you but this is an open question to all - I'm curious behind the reasoning of 400whp and 400wtq as power goals that I've heard multiple people set as every now and then one of these threads pops up, but I don't hear why they've set them :dunno: That power level isn't street-friendly to drive (at least yet) on a built engine, and on a stock engine it's total pipe dream.

Just to add some math, 205hp in a 2,900lb Si equals 0.071 hp/lb. FBO Si you've cracked a solid 0.1hp/lb mark with a 0.103 hp/lb if the 2,900lb car is let's say making 300hp; this is a very quick car now. 400whp + add back 15% drivetrain loss let's say is 460hp in a 2,900lb car making it an absolute missile at 0.159 hp/lb.

A stock Hellcat Charger with 707hp and weighing 4,570 has 0.155 hp/lb, which if we're looking at numbers solely would make you faster. Is anyone here looking to beat Hellcats in a straight line? If you are, there's companies that are pushing their Si's in that direction, so follow their lead and ask the right questions

https://www.maperformance.com/blogs...ss-in-our-10th-gen-civic-si-1-5t-10-80-131-56

The goal shouldn't be power numbers, the goal should be what you want to achieve in terms of performance related measurements or personal development, and then build your car to achieve set goals. This isn't a rant or a nitpick, this is simply sharing a bit of reality to help people build cars the right way and save them lots of money and headache if they do it correctly :)

I have a FBO Si, it's making plenty of power but my goal is on getting more seat time at the track so I can improve my PB at the road course I go to. I know stock power Si's with better lap times than me because the drivers have 15+ years of seat time. My power adders have shortened the time it will take for me to catch up to their PB times, and will help me and my Si set faster times than them (if they stay stock) only as I become a better driver through more and more seat time - eventually I know I'll hit a point where I'm satisfied (for me it's a 1:20 lap time, I'm currently at 1:25.5) having taken the Si platform to it's best, but I'll still never touch the PB that can be set by a decent driver in a stock Porsche GT3 RS.

Hope this helps anyone that reads. Cheers!

swah_fk7

Regamaster King
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe, 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
you should be worrying more about the tranny itself.....not the clutch
MAPerformance is in the 500whp range and their tranny holdin' up awesome. The only gears having issues are 3rd and 4th, which can be reinforced easily with a stronger gear.

OP
OP
dark_knight097

dark_knight097

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
OP, this isn't a hit at you but this is an open question to all - I'm curious behind the reasoning of 400whp and 400wtq as power goals that I've heard multiple people set as every now and then one of these threads pops up, but I don't hear why they've set them :dunno: That power level isn't street-friendly to drive (at least yet) on a built engine, and on a stock engine it's total pipe dream.

Just to add some math, 205hp in a 2,900lb Si equals 0.071 hp/lb. FBO Si you've cracked a solid 0.1hp/lb mark with a 0.103 hp/lb if the 2,900lb car is let's say making 300hp; this is a very quick car now. 400whp + add back 15% drivetrain loss let's say is 460hp in a 2,900lb car making it an absolute missile at 0.159 hp/lb.

A stock Hellcat Charger with 707hp and weighing 4,570 has 0.155 hp/lb, which if we're looking at numbers solely would make you faster. Is anyone here looking to beat Hellcats in a straight line? If you are, there's companies that are pushing their Si's in that direction, so follow their lead and ask the right questions

https://www.maperformance.com/blogs...ss-in-our-10th-gen-civic-si-1-5t-10-80-131-56

The goal shouldn't be power numbers, the goal should be what you want to achieve in terms of performance related measurements or personal development, and then build your car to achieve set goals. This isn't a rant or a nitpick, this is simply sharing a bit of reality to help people build cars the right way and save them lots of money and headache if they do it correctly :)

I have a FBO Si, it's making plenty of power but my goal is on getting more seat time at the track so I can improve my PB at the road course I go to. I know stock power Si's with better lap times than me because the drivers have 15+ years of seat time. My power adders have shortened the time it will take for me to catch up to their PB times, and will help me and my Si set faster times than them (if they stay stock) only as I become a better driver through more and more seat time - eventually I know I'll hit a point where I'm satisfied (for me it's a 1:20 lap time, I'm currently at 1:25.5) having taken the Si platform to it's best, but I'll still never touch the PB that can be set by a decent driver in a stock Porsche GT3 RS.

Hope this helps anyone that reads. Cheers!
Thanks for the perspective!

vieux georges

First Name
georges
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017civic si coupe
Country flag
If some gears show weaknesses, it should not be forgotten that they rotate on axles
mounted on bearings. The torque is also exerted on the bearings which are not necessarily
strong enough to withstand the sress.
I think the sillement or whining I hear in ! st and 2 nd gear is worrying.
On the others gears: nothing. The synchros are fine.
Everything is fine except this sillement in 1 st and 2 nd. I have been driving with Amsoil
oil for more than a year.
I' ll see over time.
Sponsored