Navigation Volume Troubles with Android Auto

Whitest Russian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
I recently purchased a Civic touring and I've noticed that when using Android Auto the navigation volume from google maps is is either quiet or non existent. I found the navigation volume in the settings but it maxes out at 11 for some reason. Has anyone run into this problem before?
Sponsored

PittGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan Touring
Country flag
I purchased a Touring 2 weeks ago and experienced low volume issues with Android Auto using a Samsung Note 4 phone. But I found a solution on the WEB that works for Note 4 phones, at least, even if it's a bit of a kludge. Use the Fine Volume Control App. The easiest way is to automate it using the Tasker App, so that turning on Android Auto brings up the Fine Volume Control screen with maximum settings (Profile 1), which can be further adjusted. I've only used this a couple of times, but it allows the setting of full volume for both media and the Maps navigation voice.

nicoled985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L Sedan
Country flag
I haven't had issues. I have the Note 5. Make sure your phone media volume is up as well.

OP
OP

Whitest Russian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
My phones media volume is all the way up. I can hear the music perfectly fine. The phone I have is an HTC 10.

OP
OP

Whitest Russian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
So the only time when I can't hear the google maps navigation is when I have the source of my music as Android Auto. If I select something else such as SeriousXM, AM, FM, or any of the other options my navigation volume is fine.

nicoled985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
So the only time when I can't hear the google maps navigation is when I have the source of my music as Android Auto. If I select something else such as SeriousXM, AM, FM, or any of the other options my navigation volume is fine.
Ill try next timre I drive and let you know the verdict

nicoled985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
@Whitest Russian
Mine works fine. There is a navigation volume. Next time when you're in android auto and you're navigating using google Maps and you see the direction arrows pop up under your speedometer, scroll the volume up on your steering wheel. The highest the navigation volume will go up is either 10 or 15 I forget but you'll notice its the google maps volume due to it only being able to be put to 10 or 15 volume notches.

MisterEnigma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
I've had this issue when playing music using Android Auto, and having Google maps running. I eventually figured out that I have to turn the volume up on my phone when on the Google Maps screen (on the Civic HU).

Alternatively, you can check your volume settings to fine tune it.

OP
OP

Whitest Russian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Is it appears a new soundprofile was not created for all the different outcomes being experienced. Still annoying.
Sponsored