Navi on Non-Navi model, Is it possible?

mikealanni

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
Country flag
I've tried a BT keyboard and a USB keyboard, neither worked. But a USB mouse did work!
I would if you can check and check the logs.might we found something interesting
Sponsored

omigulay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport hatchback
Any luck on this? Under secret menu, it also shows the how many satellites are above and which one is locked to.

Zange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 WoP Civic Touring
Country flag
Is it possible to remove the navigation from my touring and put it into a si? I know it more then just switching infortainment monitors but what else would be needed and is it something one can do themselves?

josby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring sedan
Country flag
Is it possible to remove the navigation from my touring and put it into a si? I know it more then just switching infortainment monitors but what else would be needed and is it something one can do themselves?
You'd definitely need to move the GPS antenna over also, since the Si won't have one. It appears that plugs directly into the headunit, which is good since it'd be way more trouble if it was part of the main wiring harness or something. The Si and Touring use the same part number for the amp, so I think the Si's amp would handle the signals from the Touring headunit fine. I think it might work.

Zange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 WoP Civic Touring
Country flag
You'd definitely need to move the GPS antenna over also, since the Si won't have one. It appears that plugs directly into the headunit, which is good since it'd be way more trouble if it was part of the main wiring harness or something. The Si and Touring use the same part number for the amp, so I think the Si's amp would handle the signals from the Touring headunit fine. I think it might work.
is there a site or forum that you may know of where the gps antenna runs. Thank you again.

josby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring sedan
Country flag
is there a site or forum that you may know of where the gps antenna runs. Thank you again.
Only the Honda Parts diagram (pretty much every site that sells Honda parts online has this same diagram): http://hondapartsnetwork.com/part/9704946/Honda-Part-39835-TBA-A01-Gps-Antenna-Assembly

It's not a great pic though, as their parts pic often aren't.

It looks like a pretty short cord, and that shape at the top of it is kind of unique. My guess is it sits somewhere right under the dashboard to be close to the windshield for better reception.

If you can't locate it from that, the only other resource I know of would be to pay $10 for a day's worth of access to the Honda Tech Info site to get access to the service manual for the car, then find the section of that manual on replacing the GPS antenna and hope it has better photos. https://techinfo.honda.com/

cp1313

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 touring coupe
The GPS antenna is located on top of the instrument cluster, under the small dash pad above the cluster. The cable is only about 2ft long and runs directly to the HU.

Zange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 WoP Civic Touring
Country flag
The GPS antenna is located on top of the instrument cluster, under the small dash pad above the cluster. The cable is only about 2ft long and runs directly to the HU.
how difficult do you believe it would be to remove?

cp1313

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 touring coupe
The pad clips down on top and in on the front. The gps antenna is held by 2 Phillips screws.

I have photos but need a new host since photobucket decided to rape it's users.

simon_lefisch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I know this is an older thread, but was curious if anyone had made any progress on activating the Nav on the HU? I have the EX-T trim and would much rather use the Nav on the HU instead of using CarPlay or the Waze app that I installed on the HU.

mikealanni

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
Country flag
I know this is an older thread, but was curious if anyone had made any progress on activating the Nav on the HU? I have the EX-T trim and would much rather use the Nav on the HU instead of using CarPlay or the Waze app that I installed on the HU.
If you interested the HU have been rooted and you can install Waze on you hu directly... Search the forum for it

simon_lefisch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
If you interested the HU have been rooted and you can install Waze on you hu directly... Search the forum for it
I already have mine rooted. I would prefer to use the integrated Nav in the case where you are traveling but dont have cell data available. Wonder if I can swap out my HU with a Navi HU since my car already has GPS.

mikealanni

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
Country flag
I already have mine rooted. I would prefer to use the integrated Nav in the case where you are traveling but dont have cell data available. Wonder if I can swap out my HU with a Navi HU since my car already has GPS.
I never tried the offline one but I might get give it a shot and see how I can download maps on usb flash disk
Sponsored