Nav - day / nite mode

Paul H

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring and 2015 Sonata GL
Country flag
My stand alone Garmin changes automatically from a day mode to a less bright nite mode at dusk. The Honda / Garmin has a manual brightness switch at the top left corner of the display however I can not seem to find a setting for an auto mode - anyone?
(this small switch has a sun and moon printed on it)
Thanks / Cheers p
Sponsored

OP
OP
Paul H

Paul H

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Sorry for this duplicate post - however read thru others plus manual and still didn't get a clear answer - to me it seems only a manual toggle switch with no auto mode setting.
Please correct me if I am wrong...........Cheers p

Ultrafrozen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gavnzdad
The Nav screen brightness is controlled by the interior illumination settings that also control dash/ instrument brightness. See below, pulled from the manual on the CD you got with the car. I just searched "brightness" and could have posted a few more pages:

Honda Civic 10th gen Nav - day / nite mode Capture.JPG

HondaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
The Nav screen brightness is controlled by the interior illumination settings that also control dash/ instrument brightness. See below, pulled from the manual on the CD you got with the car. I just searched "brightness" and could have posted a few more pages:

Capture.JPG
Correct!

To put it in auto mode, make sure you take the brightness to maximum, then back it off one or more.

If you leave it on full brightness, it will not auto adjust when the lights come on!

OP
OP
Paul H

Paul H

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I must be thick - when I turn this knob nothing happens...................Will try after dark................

OP
OP
Paul H

Paul H

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I am afraid this trip knob on mine doesn't seem to work (yet) - that being said the nav day / nite mode can be changes using the manual switch at the left top of the screen - if pushed this also shows a brightness bar (was in the middle bar), day, nite and off. The nite mode although it is dimmer it actually changes the background colors, road colors... to make it easier to read at nite. etc - it does not just the brightness . On my stand alone Garmin it is controlled by the GPS time of day and not a light sensor. It know your location and changes at sunset / sunrise automatically.
Again I will try to change the panel lighting with "the knob" later, I'm sure I'm just missing something simple..........Thanks / Cheers p