My tuned style... am I the only one?

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
@gtman, we'd all do ourselves a big favor by adding him to our ignore lists. no need to read his useless posts and causing unnecessary aggravation.
Sponsored

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
@gtman, we'd all do ourselves a big favor by adding him to our ignore lists. no need to read his useless posts and causing unnecessary aggravation.
Appreciate that. I always forget about the ignore feature. Done.

It just boggles my mind when people hide behind a keyboard and launch personal attacks and accuse someone they know nothing about of being a danger to society. Makes you wonder what the 11 stands for in Mark's screen name.

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
in this case yes,

he is passing somebody just to try to prove some point, that is road rage,

if your simply passing somebody because they are going slower then you are, then that is fine,

when your speeding up ON PURPOSE to catch a specific vehicle, and to pass a specific vehicle, that is going FASTER then you are, that is road rage,

anytime you are targeting one SPECIFIC VEHICLE......that is road rage

road rage definition.......

"Road rage is aggressive or angry behavior exhibited by a driver of a road vehicle. These behaviors include rude and offensive gestures, verbal insults, physical threats or dangerous driving methods targeted toward another driver"

note the bold above
So you interpret that passing another car while going faster than it is, is a dangerous driving method? SMH.
From the dictionary: from traffic-related incidents. The U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration defines road rage as when "The operation of a motor vehicle in a manner that endangers or is likely to endanger persons or property." This definition makes the distinction that aggressive driving is a traffic violation and road rage is a criminal offense.[
I cant see where passing a car quickly is road rage or calling it aggressive.
If you cut someone off, yes its road rage.

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
YOU were the one who described yourself as being a danger to society,

road rage is a danger to the public,

don't say i don't know anything about you, when you publicly posted the story
There's a point when you twist someone's words or intentions simply to be a dick. And honestly, I think most here feel you've done that at this point.

All I posted was a car sped by me on the highway. I sped up and then passed said vehicle. That was it. No racing. No rage.

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
he had no reason to stomp on the gas pedal and pass a SPECIFIC VEHICLE other then (to him) to "prove a point"

passing a SPECIFIC VEHICLE for no reason whatsoever is road rage,

"Someone in another car starts speeding on the highway. In today's example it was a Civic Sport hatch. It could be an Altima, Sonata, the occasional sport compact etc..

Well, I just have this urge to "put them in their place". So, I caught up to the Sport hatch and gave it some gas. And he was a little speck in the distance."

that is not normal driving, that is something done out of anger....aka road rage

trying to "put somebody in their place" is not normal by any means, you don't just suddenly have the urge to pass a car in front of you that is going faster then you for no reason.....that's road rage
I can only conclude that anytime a car passes you, that you feel they are exhibiting road rage.

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Honda Civic 10th gen My tuned style... am I the only one? IMG_20200114_135256

Noize

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2017 GTI SE DSG
Country flag
True road rage is frightening. Be careful out there, everyone.

CVTsport18

Honda First Timer
First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Veloster N DCT
Country flag
Shocking, Mark showed up to be his typical self and the thread derailed. :rolleyes:

I'm really glad this community has far more people that want to talk about things other than how we should "keep it stock."

Brvndxn

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Country flag
in this case yes,

he is passing somebody just to try to prove some point, that is road rage,

if your simply passing somebody because they are going slower then you are, then that is fine,

when your speeding up ON PURPOSE to catch a specific vehicle, and to pass a specific vehicle, that is going FASTER then you are, that is road rage,

anytime you are targeting one SPECIFIC VEHICLE......that is road rage

road rage definition.......

"Road rage is aggressive or angry behavior exhibited by a driver of a road vehicle. These behaviors include rude and offensive gestures, verbal insults, physical threats or dangerous driving methods targeted toward another driver"

note the bold above
Relax officer

Brvndxn

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Country flag
I drive my hatch like it’s stolen every time I drive it

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Close this thread already. Its just turned into an argument between 2 different points of view.

rwsmith123

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
I haven't been tuned long enough to know if I drive much differently than before, just did it less than a week ago. Of course I put it though it's paces the first couple days. I debated about if I should tune or not for a long time, my main reason for not doing it is because I'm pretty heavy on the throttle, I like to go from 0 to speed limit +9 pretty quick, I don't WOT much but it's pretty rare that anyone is keeping up with me either. I figured tuning it would be too tempting and could get me in trouble.

I tuned with TSP Stage 1, no mods. On Friday I had a lot of errands to run and I did it mostly in map 3, that was a mistake because later on when I switched to map 1 I found it boring (previously I thought stock was pretty fun and map 1 is a little better than stock). My plan is map 2 most of the time and map 3 sparingly when I want to have some real fun.

I drive my hatch like it’s stolen every time I drive it
I love it. Pretty much describes how I drive every car I'm in :) Doesn't matter if it was my piece of crap first car (81 Dodge Omni), stock Honda Civic, tuned Honda Civic, or any car I've owned in between. My driving style is my driving style no matter what I'm driving.
Sponsored