My Sport Hatchback stock speakers need an upgrade

ost.rod08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CIvic Hatchback 17
I just installed a pair of JL Audio C2-650X coaxials in the front, and I'm putting another in the back. They're labeled 6½", but they're closer to a 6¾", so they fit perfectly into the Ai HSB524 adapter. Also got the Boom Mat 050330 baffles and the Metra 72-7800 wire harnesses. Prep time took about ten minutes per speaker, and about fifteen minutes to install per door. With the speaker baffles, you'll notice I cut the bottom half of the rear portion out. I've read a lot of complaints regarding the sound being muffled. A lot of videos and forums say cutting it helps alleviate that issue, and it still keeps any water from possibly falling onto the speaker. Also, it keeps the speaker from rattling. These speakers fit perfectly, but I had to cut the provided screws down to about ¾" with a sturdy set of wire cutters. Otherwise, they would hit against the door panel. On the 12th image, I circled the placement of the four black screws in yellow, and the main screw that holds the adapter flush to the door panel in green. The rest of the install is very simple. The wire harness only clicks in one way, and the positive/negative terminals are two different sizes. No confusion there. All I would recommend is that you put some blue Loctite on that center screw before you tighten it in all the way. Couldn't hurt.
IMG_0527.jpg IMG_0529.jpg IMG_0531.jpg IMG_0533.jpg IMG_0534.jpg IMG_0535.jpg IMG_0536.jpg IMG_0537.jpg IMG_0539.jpg IMG_0541.jpg IMG_0542.jpg IMG_0544.jpg IMG_0546.jpg
hey man did u have to modify the speakers and put the mounting screw (to door) through them. as i put my speakers on the adaptor i dont have enough space to get the screw in.
Sponsored

pcsavvy

First Name
Vickie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport (Sonic Gray Pearl)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have the Hatchback Sport and all I did was add in tweeters in the front and under seat 10 inch powered Subwoofer under the driver's seat. Boy, what an improvement and did not cost that much to do both in parts and installation.
JBL GTO19T Premium 0.75-Inch Component Tweeter- one set
CERWIN-VEGA MOBILE VPAS10 VEGA 10" Powered Active Subwoofer Enclosure
I also ordered the upper trim tweeter housings to replace the triangles in the front doors.
Edit: (note: I did have to sand the inside of the tweeter housings to get the JBL tweeters to fit.)
Sponsored