Chief 08

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
Does it make you more manly for calling me a dip shit?

The post above you said his was stolen but wasn't the OP. Got the green light confused with the OP color instead. I think blue is the OP color My bad...
Does it make you feel manly to try to make someone look stupid? I'm cool if you are.
Sponsored

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
did you not read
they parted it out and set the car on fire

Also the ones that has a back up battery is hooked up to the main battery. The back up battery kicks on after they cut the power from the harness
A car thief might think :
If there is wiring to the Backup battery, it can be traced and the GPS unit located and removed.
Or why bother -- disconnect battery and then put like 100v onto battery leads.. BLOW up whatever is still connected ... still plenty of GOOD parts to be stripped and sold .. and as far as what is blown .. if owner ever gets his stripped car back with blown electronics -- serves them right for trying to be so sneaky.

burningoilagain

First Name
Alberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Definitely a tow truck

BrianDevin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 EX HatchWagon
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have seen where thieves can take a box up to your front door that signals your keys, and tricks it to thinking they're near the car, activating the fob and then the box copies it and they just walk over to your car and drive away. I am thinking of a lead box to store keys in....of course also insurance, lo-jack, etc. Sorry for your loss, glad to hear you're covered.
your microwave can work as a faraday cage at night. No extra money spent, you just have to explain why your keys are in the microwave

VooDuuChild

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si, Boosted Street and Track Monster 91 CRX Si.
Country flag
your microwave can work as a faraday cage at night. No extra money spent, you just have to explain why your keys are in the microwave
hahahaha. Yeah, I see a lot of people complaining these faraday bags work great at first, but the foil they use inside must be thin and they stop working after a while. I'll just store them in my extra foil hat....keep them safe from the aliens too HAHAHA

Yal

New to the brand
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
I like that idea. It's not like you heat up the microwave before you use it.

joshhjackson2112

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI
Country flag
But again, if the parking brake was set, how does the tow truck tow the car, without destroying the rear tires and brakes?
I dont think they are stealing the car for the brakes and tires. They will burn the shit out of them in the stealing process to get the good stuff. The good parts are under the hood. Hell I am in the process of burning up my oem brakes and tires so I can get good new ones. :thumbsup:

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
The older Civics definitely top the Most Stolen list. Newer Civics are tougher to bypass. As mentioned, thieves need a signal booster to establish a link between the FOB and receiver. But these boosters are becoming increasingly easy to manufacture or purchase for as little as $30.

Also mentioned was the Faraday sleeve. Probably the single cheapest and easiest way to prevent most amateur thieves from getting easy access to your car. For everything else there's insurance. :cool:

Honda Civic 10th gen My Si was stolen. How??? upload_2018-9-19_15-45-33

HammerSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
I already have a Spytec GPS tracker in a magnetic case hidden on my Si.
Just need to charge the battery every couple weeks.
I can have the tracking service turned on whenever I need it.
Never knew about the Faraday sleeve. Just ordered one. :thumbsup:
May even get a dummy surveillance camera for my driveway for $10

Captaindicki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (sold)
Country flag
I dont think they are stealing the car for the brakes and tires. They will burn the shit out of them in the stealing process to get the good stuff. The good parts are under the hood. Hell I am in the process of burning up my oem brakes and tires so I can get good new ones. :thumbsup:
I sold my oem A/S tires with less than 3K miles to a colleague at work the very day I installed Michelin PS4s on the Si :yes:

andu951

First Name
aNDu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sorry to hear bro :\

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
May even get a dummy surveillance camera for my driveway for $10
Why dummy? I have a real one and already identified a neighbor who throws empty beer cans on my lawn on his way home and another one who backed his CR-V into my mailbox at midnight. (No damage to my cheap plastic mailbox, since it has solid steel bars inside its flimsy aluminum legs, reaching deep under surface, but definitely marks on his hatch.)

BogdanM

First Name
Bogdan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Plus 1.5 MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just a mention here: the range of the key fob is limited, probably ~2 feet long. So the only way someone could boost your key fob signal is if you let it right behind the font door / near a window as they will have to be within 2 feet of it. Otherwise, it's kinda impossible, they will need to get into the house and get closer to it.
Sponsored