My Shiny New Knob * UPDATE on last page* (HD pics)

OP
OP
FK_8

FK_8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW CTR 187
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Guys, Raceseng horrible service! I've ordered my texture slammer on 11/6 and still don't have it installed, as it is still sitting in the box with the wrong adapter. I called on Monday no answer, then I email...long story short, don't expect Raceseng to fix their error quick...Raceseng :thumbsdown:
I emailed him as soon as i saw your post, forwarded it to him and he responded not more than 10 mins later...

Honda Civic 10th gen My Shiny New Knob * UPDATE on last page* (HD pics) A6AB8F06-AD06-44E2-8DA9-541B64DE4C3D

Honda Civic 10th gen My Shiny New Knob * UPDATE on last page* (HD pics) 00CDE0A2-B812-4C7B-B019-5B5C02724076

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR#1348
Country flag
I emailed him as soon as i saw your post, forwarded it to him and he responded not more than 10 mins later...

A6AB8F06-AD06-44E2-8DA9-541B64DE4C3D.jpeg

00CDE0A2-B812-4C7B-B019-5B5C02724076.png
Na man. I'm in the service industry too, and I've never handled my/my teams error the way Raceseng handled it. I would expedite the shipping or process to fix the error fast, not let it filter thru the usual ordering process! Also, apparently the shipping selection only applies to "actual" orders, not "replacement" orders, as the replacement part that I needed was shipped regular priority (according to USPS person I spoke with, which can take up to 5-days), even tho I've picked the least expensive option while going thru the replacement part process suggested my Raceseg, which is the USPS 2-day. If I was an A-hole, I've picked next-day air, since Raceseng is paying, but I didn't.

So not only was the shipment of the replacement part not expedited, the shipping Raceseng used is standard mail, basically. Not sure that's the fastest service USPS have, but maybe the least expensive. A bit deflated / disappointed.

Yea and I'll try to enjoy the shifter when I do get it installed, provided that the correct part shows up, when it shows up.

OP
OP
FK_8

FK_8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW CTR 187
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Na man. I'm in the service industry too, and I've never handled my/my teams error the way Raceseng handled it. I would expedite the shipping or process to fix the error fast, not let it filter thru the usual ordering process! Also, apparently the shipping selection only applies to "actual" orders, not "replacement" orders, as the replacement part that I needed was shipped regular priority (according to USPS person I spoke with, which can take up to 5-days), even tho I've picked the least expensive option while going thru the replacement part process suggested my Raceseg, which is the USPS 2-day. If I was an A-hole, I've picked next-day air, since Raceseng is paying, but I didn't.

So not only was the shipment of the replacement part not expedited, the shipping Raceseng used is standard mail, basically. Not sure that's the fastest service USPS have, but maybe the least expensive. A bit deflated / disappointed.

Yea and I'll try to enjoy the shifter when I do get it installed, provided that the correct part shows up, when it shows up.
I hope everything works out.

556ALPHA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
My apologies, I am sure after things settle down and you have it installed things will feel better. Im not pretending someone is always right, whether its the customer or business. Theres always 2 sides, that is all I was trying to say. Emotions and business do not mix well. I do not own a business but work in a field most would not play in customer service as a parameter. I do know you get better service with sugar than shxx regardless. As a business guy I am sure you know that.

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR#1348
Country flag
Thanks Guys! This could just be an isolated case, and that Raceseng is usually on top of it. I don't know, but I do know they've made me wait two additional days before I received my shipping memo. Imagine around Xmas time, it could be a week or two weeks before they send of the proper part to the customer? That's not right, right? I just wanted to make a point...Raceseng, just get the F-ing part out immediately if you guys F-ed up!!! Don't make people wait...people didn't wait when they've paid you right?

Anyways, correct part came in and the shifter is as advertise! I am giving credit where credit is due! This is a fantastic mod that every Type R owner should do immediately! This shifting now is silky smooth and effortless! Raceseng Slammer is top notch!! :thumbsup:
Honda Civic 10th gen My Shiny New Knob * UPDATE on last page* (HD pics) upload_2017-11-20_6-16-27

J35W2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'00 supercharged Civic Si (sold), '06 Civic Si (sold) , '14 V6-6MT Accord Coupe (sold), '17 CTR #1637, '18 Civic LX Hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I decided to switch my knob over to old DC Sports knob until my Slammer comes only to find that whoever put the lock bolt & knob on cross threaded the bolt & shredded the threads on the lever. It took me 20 minutes to wrestle it off & the bolt actually got hot because of the friction. I thought the shift lever was going to shear off a few times I was torquing it’s hard. Called my local dealer & they are going to replace it under warranty (the service manager is a crazy CTR guy, thank goodness). Glad I’ll get it all sorted out before the Slammer comes in a couple weeks. They had to order the new lever & lock bolt. Also switching over to Amsoil Synchromesh MTF when they change out the lever.

GenXCTR

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Which Amsoil transmission oil did you use? The Manual Synchromesh Transmission Fluid 5W-30?
I'm all for this change as I've had a great experience with Amsoil MTF in the past, but this states not to be used with LSD's, so is it okay to be used in the Type R?

J35W2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'00 supercharged Civic Si (sold), '06 Civic Si (sold) , '14 V6-6MT Accord Coupe (sold), '17 CTR #1637, '18 Civic LX Hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm all for this change as I've had a great experience with Amsoil MTF in the past, but this states not to be used with LSD's, so is it okay to be used in the Type R?
I used synchromesh for the life of my FG-2 and it eliminated gear grind & smoothed out shifting. Wasn’t aware it mentioned anything about LSD’s, but no issues for well over 100,000 miles.

vader2k

Darkside rider & Senior member
First Name
Alonzo-Ignacio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Type R. #433 (EPB). 07 Civic LX (TW)
Country flag
Thanks Guys! This could just be an isolated case, and that Raceseng is usually on top of it. I don't know, but I do know they've made me wait two additional days before I received my shipping memo. Imagine around Xmas time, it could be a week or two weeks before they send of the proper part to the customer? That's not right, right? I just wanted to make a point...Raceseng, just get the F-ing part out immediately if you guys F-ed up!!! Don't make people wait...people didn't wait when they've paid you right?

Anyways, correct part came in and the shifter is as advertise! I am giving credit where credit is due! This is a fantastic mod that every Type R owner should do immediately! This shifting now is silky smooth and effortless! Raceseng Slammer is top notch!! :thumbsup:
upload_2017-11-20_6-16-27.png
Looks good brotha Bernie! I just got my OEM red Honda shift knob today! :)

Last edited: