My PRL Intercooler Install/Review

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
So with the help of a fellow member on the forums... I found out what was the issue all along! The Flashpro was reading the IAT Temps backwards/incorrectly!!! The whole time on the flashpro while the laptop is connected to the car and with the hondata app, the IAT1 parameter on Hondata is reading the IAT2 Sensor on the car! And The IAT2 Parameter is reading the IAT1 sensor on the car. Pretty frustrating to know that is was a software issue with the flashpro all along... everything as far as firmware and software is up to date.. just incorrect reading from the app and FP itself. Thanks again to @andyboyd102 and everyone else that chimed in and help me resolve the issue.
So now that that's all squared away... butt dyno impressions?
Sponsored

OP
OP
gylmar814

gylmar814

Gylmar814
First Name
Gylmar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 ABM Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Mazda Cx-5, (RIP) '17 SGP Civic Hatch Ex
Country flag
So now that that's all squared away... butt dyno impressions?
Well it's like I mentioned previously in my long reply... the drivebility of the car is more solid. I felt the car accelerated stronger and had better response...especially with the boost raised up higher with the flashpro calibration. Stock calibration also had a noticeable improvement throughout the rpm band.. and like I said before.. I'm reading about 0.5-1 higher in peak boost pressure at WOT.. so with higher boost psi follows stronger acceleration, throttle response, etc.

OP
OP
gylmar814

gylmar814

Gylmar814
First Name
Gylmar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Overall, I'm satisfied with the butt dyno. I do feel the car stronger and responsive

OP
OP
gylmar814

gylmar814

Gylmar814
First Name
Gylmar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
As promised here is a video showing the error I was getting with the Hondata flashpro showing that it's reading the IAT Temps backwards.

At 2:45 I meant to say even with a regular intercooler it SHOULD have gone down.

Last edited:

NeoDragons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan EXT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
As promised here is a video showing the error I was getting with the Hondata flashpro showing that it's reading the IAT Temps backwards.

At 2:45 I meant to say even with a regular intercooler it SHOULD have gone down.

i will check my flashpro data logs over the last 2 days after i installed the FMIC, wonder if its the same reading. i also saw some people posting on the facebook page that ktuner has it reversed also

OP
OP
gylmar814

gylmar814

Gylmar814
First Name
Gylmar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
i will check my flashpro data logs over the last 2 days after i installed the FMIC, wonder if its the same reading
Yeah let me know what you see. Very curious to see what other FP users see with the intercooler installed. Have you been monitoring them while you're driving with the app?

NeoDragons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah let me know what you see. Very curious to see what other FP users see with the intercooler installed. Have you been monitoring them while you're driving with the app?
so after looking at my old data logs, looks like back in September it was reading normal, then some time around December it looks liked it was switched around.

OP
OP
gylmar814

gylmar814

Gylmar814
First Name
Gylmar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
so after looking at my old data logs, looks like back in September it was reading normal, then some time around December it looks liked it was switched around.
Hm really... it could be an error on an update across all or several flashpro users. I went back myself and seemed I had the issue even before December for me. How your IAT's looking after the intercooler?

NeoDragons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hm really... it could be an error on an update across all or several flashpro users. I went back myself and seemed I had the issue even before December for me. How your IAT's looking after the intercooler?
well some ktuners folks have said that theirs is reversed also after an certain update. IATs have been great so far, on my regular drives they hover around 90-100. in traffic it starts to creep up alittle. before ther where in the 100-114 range. havent been to the track since its still closed to do some pulls.

airickmatthews

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic hatch sport
Country flag
I get mine on Monday and I so happen to have that day off from work. Figured I’d get the bumper taken off and the stock one off before it arrives. Any certain tools I should gather beforehand to make it an easier task?

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR - 2020 Acura RDX A-Spec
Country flag
Just basic tools. Ratchet, 10mm socket I believe. Phillips screwdriver and flathead. Just take your time and don’t rush anything. You’ll need a super long extension to reach a bolt holding the old stock pipe on passenger side.

I get mine on Monday and I so happen to have that day off from work. Figured I’d get the bumper taken off and the stock one off before it arrives. Any certain tools I should gather beforehand to make it an easier task?

airickmatthews

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic hatch sport
Country flag
Just basic tools. Ratchet, 10mm socket I believe. Phillips screwdriver and flathead. Just take your time and don’t rush anything. You’ll need a super long extension to reach a bolt holding the old stock pipe on passenger side.
Awesome. Thanks. Yeah I don’t have a long extension, so that advice helps a ton, I’ll pick one up before I start the tear down.

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR - 2020 Acura RDX A-Spec
Country flag
Ya, you'll be glad you got it. It's pretty freakin deep down lol

Awesome. Thanks. Yeah I don’t have a long extension, so that advice helps a ton, I’ll pick one up before I start the tear down.
Sponsored