lid6662

First Name
matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Country flag
Well damit . I thought I had not uploaded this story before and am unable to delete . I was coming home from watching End Game at the theater. I way taking a highway that I take once a week. Now they have been doing work on the road for weeks now and you can see its down to one lane. Well last week went I drove it there were zero issues. Long story short Only the tire got damaged. After the hit I could tell it sounded different within the first minute . Every minute after It got worse then the tmps light came on. I was able to make it home. Thankfully I had the tire and wheel protection plan. Got Honda to come pick up the tire and Got an extra day off work :) . Must have been the worst pot hole I have every hit in my life. It like really hurt hahah :(
Sponsored

Last edited:

Driveitlikeuboughtit

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW CTR
Country flag
You get your alignment checked too? What did you even hit, was there like a post sticking out of the road?

OP
OP
lid6662

lid6662

First Name
matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Country flag
Yes I had to get a alighment. I watched the video in slow-mo and it just looks like a giant pothole. I was going maybe 55 mph 60 tops.

WhatThePuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Acura Rsx (sold), '19 CW CTR 23909
Country flag
OW it really rocked the cam so I can't even imagine what that felt like. I cringed. You got it fixed and it's all ok now, that's the important part :D

Blitted_Master

First Name
H
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe (SOLD)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
God that makes me sick to see that. I can relate. Here in PA our roads are such a joke. Especially in the city. I hit a pothole on the highway going to Lincoln Park NJ for work and it made me swallow my gum. Had to get an alignment after that too. Thought I had broken something it hit so hard.

keiothic

Banned
Banned
First Name
YoK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 FK8 CW #22485
Country flag
not gonna lie, every time I see a road getting rearranged for overnight construction, my mind race faster than the speed limit of the car

RallyeX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatch
Country flag
In front of my house the potholes got so bad that if anyone used the outer lane (closest to my driveway) and didnt swerve a little around a certain spot, their tires would be ribbons within 15 feet. 100 people in a week (I took pictures of every one I witnessed) had their tires blown and all banded together to sue the city. They've now fully repaved the road lol!
I should clarify that I live on the main north/southbound road through my city.

OP
OP
lid6662

lid6662

First Name
matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Country flag
not gonna lie, every time I see a road getting rearranged for overnight construction, my mind race faster than the speed limit of the car
If theres a next time I will drive super duper slow with hazards on hahah ;) Gonna upgrade the tires when the stock ones run out and get more sidewall !!

OP
OP
lid6662

lid6662

First Name
matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Country flag
In front of my house the potholes got so bad that if anyone used the outer lane (closest to my driveway) and didnt swerve a little around a certain spot, their tires would be ribbons within 15 feet. 100 people in a week (I took pictures of every one I witnessed) had their tires blown and all banded together to sue the city. They've now fully repaved the road lol!
I should clarify that I live on the main north/southbound road through my city.
That sounds horrible. But oh how I do love me a new paved highway or road !!! soooooooo smooth :)

OP
OP
lid6662

lid6662

First Name
matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Country flag
That impact looked nasty..... I felt it from the video!

That impact looked nasty..... I felt it from the video!
And if you watch closely there is a mini bump right before the big one !! hahah A nasty bump indeed . I was paranoid for months after when taking that road.

Naruske

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
I hit a pothole last week that cracked my rim :cry::cry::cry: Rim and tire were replaced luckily since i have the wheel and tire package but still annoying that i had to tow the car all the way to the dealer.

keiothic

Banned
Banned
First Name
YoK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 FK8 CW #22485
Country flag
Anyone know if the wheel and tire package covers the tires' end of life? When you replace tires, package still applies? Could look over my paperwork, but thought someone might have it on their mind already

jinderC

Anyone know if the wheel and tire package covers the tires' end of life? When you replace tires, package still applies? Could look over my paperwork, but thought someone might have it on their mind already
Not sure about the entire life but mine is 5 years unlimited mileage and covers the replacement wheels as well.
Sponsored