First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So. I purchased my 2018 CHB 02/10/2018 and its coming close to its one year. When I bought my car, I drove out of the Honda dealership with 33 miles on the odometer. Today I have 12,700 miles on it! Yikes! Yes, a lot of miles for a year and that’s only because I love driving my car. So far, I have no serious problems with it. The engine and transmission are perfectly sound. People are loving the car, everywhere I go I get compliments. A Bay Area 10th Gen Civic enthusiast You-tuber saw my car parked at a McDonald's and gave a little shout out on his channel. Saying how “super nice” the car is. Good thing I washed and waxed the car. Or else it would’ve been dirty as hell. Anyway, After driving it for almost a year, the driver side door makes this buzzing noise and gets annoying. Also, the infotainment on the car no longer recognizes any Bluetooth devices so I’ve been relying on the USB port to play music. Because the Bluetooth isn’t working, the feature that lets me connect my phone to answer calls or making calls no longer works. The technician at the dealership says that it’s an electronic issue and they may need to install a new head unit. I hope this is a one-day job and not take a couple of days cause this is my only means of transportation. But all in all, this is one beautiful car!
Sponsored

n2da2nd

It's Senor Bane to ya
First Name
Nam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well you better take advantage of your warranty to fix the HU. Ask to see if they can give you a complimentary/loaner car. My dealer got me one after I dropped my car off a day after i bought it for window tint.

Lazylahma

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic hatchback sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I bought mine on 2/22/18 and have 18k miles, I get the drivers door buzz too, is it only when your window is cracked open or all the time?

Sorry to hear about your Bluetooth issue good that the dealership is going to repair it for you, since it’s under warranty they should be offering you a courtesy car while it is being repaired if it will take any amount of time.

Fk7Brendan

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Did you try connecting "Bluetooth AUDIO device"? Sometimes it'll connect bluetooth regular but you have to go to a separate menu under bluetooth to connect your device to play music.

OP
OP
LMFK7

LMFK7

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I bought mine on 2/22/18 and have 18k miles, I get the drivers door buzz too, is it only when your window is cracked open or all the time?

Sorry to hear about your Bluetooth issue good that the dealership is going to repair it for you, since it’s under warranty they should be offering you a courtesy car while it is being repaired if it will take any amount of time.
The buzzing noise happens all the time. I'm thinking that the door locking hatch may be loose? The buzzing goes away if I put pressure pushing outwards so I have to let the technician know of this as well.

rraayy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Country flag
my passenger door just started the buzz/rattle after about 1 year ... it's only noticeable when i drive without the radio on (sometimes I like to listen to engine when in sport mode).

OP
OP
LMFK7

LMFK7

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Did you try connecting "Bluetooth AUDIO device"? Sometimes it'll connect bluetooth regular but you have to go to a separate menu under bluetooth to connect your device to play music.
I've tried everything and nothing seems to fix the problem. I also disconnected the battery to do a hard reset and still no success. Its really annoying. I don't really mind not having the bluetooth for music, but it really helps with making and answering phone calls.

OP
OP
LMFK7

LMFK7

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
my passenger door just started the buzz/rattle after about 1 year ... it's only noticeable when i drive without the radio on (sometimes I like to listen to engine when in sport mode).
You know, since you have the same problem as well. Maybe it just takes a quick turn on the screwdriver and tighten up some bolts. I'll see if any hinges or bolts are getting loose.

OP
OP
LMFK7

LMFK7

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Has anyone noticed a significant change to the way the car sounds after a year or so. I noticed my car lets off a certain "rumble" right and after 3.5k rpms. I read that Honda made the Type R to have a certain sound and rattle. I wonder if this is also true for manual transmission Sport HB?

SSGCoxie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic HB Sport, 6MT, Sonic Gray
Country flag
Just wanted to pop in and say my 2017 HB Sport driver door buzzes as well. Pressure on the door card magks it stop.
Seems that a lot of these cars exhibit that.

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Honda Civic Hatch
Country flag
I've had my car a little over 3 months and I just turned over 7k miles today but i drive to and from college quite often. I think i am beginning to get a slight rattle on my door as well i don't really notice it unless i'm driving on a really aggressive road surface. Most of the time just turning up the music slightly drowns it out not to mention going 80mph in these cars isn't the most quiet experience anyways lol.
Sponsored