My New Civic Si Doesn't Feel As Great Anymore :(

SFerrusco

First Name
Sergio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si (Ktuner, K&N Intake)
Country flag
I got new Civic Si a couple of weeks ago, but doesn't feel as fast anymore... I still have a ton of fun driving it!
During my first test drive I fell in love with the car and I was amazed with the speed and feeling you get driving it. But now after driving it for a couple of weeks, I don't get that feeling anymore. I'm planning on keeping the vehicle stock, getting a Ktuner and running it 19.5 Normal/21.5 Sport that way I won't need to replace the clutch.

Any thoughts?
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I got new Civic Si a couple of weeks ago, but doesn't feel as fast anymore... I still have a ton of fun driving it!
During my first test drive I fell in love with the car and I was amazed with the speed and feeling you get driving it. But now after driving it for a couple of weeks, I don't get that feeling anymore. I'm planning on keeping the vehicle stock, getting a Ktuner and running it 19.5 Normal/21.5 Sport that way I won't need to replace the clutch.

Any thoughts?
My thoughts...

:dunno::doh::hmm::eek::banghead::drive:

OP
OP
SFerrusco

SFerrusco

First Name
Sergio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The more you mod, the more you get used to the mods, the more you want more.
The only mods I would do to this car would be Ktuner and intake. I'm trying to keep it as close to stock as possible, that way I'm able to trade it in when the new gen civics come out.

OP
OP
SFerrusco

SFerrusco

First Name
Sergio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
its not a fast car even with full bolt ons good luck keeping up with a new 5.0
I'm not trying to race anyone, unless someone wants to have some fun at a stop light or on the highway. I would just like to get that great feeling back as when I first started driving it.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
I'm not trying to race anyone, unless someone wants to have some fun at a stop light or on the highway. I would just like to get that great feeling back as when I first started driving it.
My momma told me it's always greener on the other side of the grass....

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag

newskate9

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Type-R, 16 Honda Pilot Elite
Country flag
I got new Civic Si a couple of weeks ago, but doesn't feel as fast anymore... Any thoughts?
Sorry to hear this. Here's another bummer - human's are built to adapt and acclimate. It is in the DNA. So even if you strapped a GE LM5000 jet engine to your roof, at some point you'd get bored with that too. A real dilemma I'd say. Perhaps seek out new roads to drive on and challenge yourself. Maybe a new girl friend sitting in the shotgun seat. Perhaps some rose colored sun glasses? [just kidding].

[not trying to impress anyone, but] I have a good friend who drives exotics as every-day cars. Lambo's, McLarens, Porsche's..... He trades about every year or so cause he gets bored. Go figure. If this happens to him, I'm not sure there is much hope for us!

ablueSI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
If the weather has changed where you are, that could be why the car feels slower. It has been documented by multiple people here that the car feels significantly faster/slower depending on weather conditions. Or, like everyone else said, you just got used to the power.

ParkwayDrive13

First Name
Quentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen Ralley Red SI
Country flag
The Si out of of the box is too well tamed and quiet in my opinion. If you get a PRL Intake, and ktuner, i'm sure that will keep you entertained for longer.

Like many others have mentioned already, i'm sure the itch for more will come sooner or later.

MarkR171

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Si, '17 MX5, '01 Miata
Country flag
The only mods I would do to this car would be Ktuner and intake. I'm trying to keep it as close to stock as possible, that way I'm able to trade it in when the new gen civics come out.
My point is you'll just get used to those mods and not be impressed by it over time.

OP
OP
SFerrusco

SFerrusco

First Name
Sergio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Sorry to hear this. Here's another bummer - human's are built to adapt and acclimate. It is in the DNA. So even if you strapped a GE LM5000 jet engine to your roof, at some point you'd get bored with that too. A real dilemma I'd say. Perhaps seek out new roads to drive on and challenge yourself. Maybe a new girl friend sitting in the shotgun seat. Perhaps some rose colored sun glasses? [just kidding].

[not trying to impress anyone, but] I have a good friend who drives exotics as every-day cars. Lambo's, McLarens, Porsche's..... He trades about every year or so cause he gets bored. Go figure. If this happens to him, I'm not sure there is much hope for us!
"Maybe a new girl friend sitting in the shotgun seat. Perhaps some rose colored sun glasses?" Haha my girlfriend would kill you if she would see this lol :lol:

OP
OP
SFerrusco

SFerrusco

First Name
Sergio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It's a never ending cycle. You will get use to the power of any vehicle that you own.
Yeah that makes sense, it's just sad...
Sponsored