First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.0L Turbo, CVT, Elegance trim
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So, I finally updated my new car enough and made enough pictures to open my own lighting topic :)

Interior wise, its all done as far as I'm concerned.
Switched from the lame yellow Toshiba bulbs to Philips LED, they are rated 8000K and it shows!
Honda Civic 10th gen My light topic: full interior LED upgrades and LED aftermarket bulbs IMAG1825

Honda Civic 10th gen My light topic: full interior LED upgrades and LED aftermarket bulbs IMG-2074

Honda Civic 10th gen My light topic: full interior LED upgrades and LED aftermarket bulbs IMG-2076

Honda Civic 10th gen My light topic: full interior LED upgrades and LED aftermarket bulbs IMG-2069

Honda Civic 10th gen My light topic: full interior LED upgrades and LED aftermarket bulbs IMAG1831

Honda Civic 10th gen My light topic: full interior LED upgrades and LED aftermarket bulbs IMG-2079

Honda Civic 10th gen My light topic: full interior LED upgrades and LED aftermarket bulbs IMG-2112

Honda Civic 10th gen My light topic: full interior LED upgrades and LED aftermarket bulbs IMG-2106

Honda Civic 10th gen My light topic: full interior LED upgrades and LED aftermarket bulbs IMG-2107

Honda Civic 10th gen My light topic: full interior LED upgrades and LED aftermarket bulbs IMG-2113

Honda Civic 10th gen My light topic: full interior LED upgrades and LED aftermarket bulbs IMG-2132

Honda Civic 10th gen My light topic: full interior LED upgrades and LED aftermarket bulbs IMG-2135

They were all easy to install, just plug and play, except for the one in the glovebox compartment.
Honda Civic 10th gen My light topic: full interior LED upgrades and LED aftermarket bulbs Whats-App-Image-2019-02-10-at-16-27-33

Honda Civic 10th gen My light topic: full interior LED upgrades and LED aftermarket bulbs Whats-App-Image-2019-02-10-at-16-28-59

Honda Civic 10th gen My light topic: full interior LED upgrades and LED aftermarket bulbs IMG-2138

Honda Civic 10th gen My light topic: full interior LED upgrades and LED aftermarket bulbs IMG-2143

Not only was it hard to remove the stock bulb, it was harder to fit in the new LED one.
Actually, I had to break off the head of the LED bulb so I could attach the new bulb in place, and superglue the head afterwards.

And while doing all of that, the glove box itself had to be removed because you dont have enough space to work.
While reinstalling the glovebox, I encoutered a real PITA caused by the damping system of the glovebox, but all in all it went well and I am more than happy with the end result.
Honda Civic 10th gen My light topic: full interior LED upgrades and LED aftermarket bulbs IMG-2147

Talking about the headlight unit, I dont have the Full LED OEM unit, but the sad looking Halogen bulbs.
So I ordered some LED bulbs from AuxBeam: https://www.auxbeam.com
They are supposed to be US based/China based company, but in reality they are Chinese only.
If I knew than what I know now, I wouldn't have ordered bulbs from them after seeing their facebook customers reviews:
https://www.facebook.com/auxbeam/

But than again, they were very cheap at 50 bucks in total for low and high beams.
They haven't arrived yet, but I expect them to be here beginning next month, or if I'm lucky at the end of this month.

Couldn't wait, and so I played it safe and ordered from a more reputated Dutch company called Hilox.
They were only low beams, but were more expensive at 130 dollars.

Anyhow this is what they look and perform like:

Honda Civic 10th gen My light topic: full interior LED upgrades and LED aftermarket bulbs IMG-2163

Honda Civic 10th gen My light topic: full interior LED upgrades and LED aftermarket bulbs IMG-2165

Honda Civic 10th gen My light topic: full interior LED upgrades and LED aftermarket bulbs Halogeen

Honda Civic 10th gen My light topic: full interior LED upgrades and LED aftermarket bulbs beiden

Honda Civic 10th gen My light topic: full interior LED upgrades and LED aftermarket bulbs Hilox

Honda Civic 10th gen My light topic: full interior LED upgrades and LED aftermarket bulbs Hilox-Halogeen

Honda Civic 10th gen My light topic: full interior LED upgrades and LED aftermarket bulbs Hilox-2

Honda Civic 10th gen My light topic: full interior LED upgrades and LED aftermarket bulbs Hilox-4

Honda Civic 10th gen My light topic: full interior LED upgrades and LED aftermarket bulbs afgesteld

Honda Civic 10th gen My light topic: full interior LED upgrades and LED aftermarket bulbs afstand

My last and final interior update was letting the dealer install the console ambient lights.

Honda Civic 10th gen My light topic: full interior LED upgrades and LED aftermarket bulbs IMG-2359

Honda Civic 10th gen My light topic: full interior LED upgrades and LED aftermarket bulbs IMG-2361

Honda Civic 10th gen My light topic: full interior LED upgrades and LED aftermarket bulbs IMG-2348

Honda Civic 10th gen My light topic: full interior LED upgrades and LED aftermarket bulbs IMG-2279

Honda Civic 10th gen My light topic: full interior LED upgrades and LED aftermarket bulbs IMG-2302

Honda Civic 10th gen My light topic: full interior LED upgrades and LED aftermarket bulbs IMG-2284

Honda Civic 10th gen My light topic: full interior LED upgrades and LED aftermarket bulbs IMG-2285

Honda Civic 10th gen My light topic: full interior LED upgrades and LED aftermarket bulbs IMG-2288

Honda Civic 10th gen My light topic: full interior LED upgrades and LED aftermarket bulbs IMG-2299

Honda Civic 10th gen My light topic: full interior LED upgrades and LED aftermarket bulbs IMG-2305

Honda Civic 10th gen My light topic: full interior LED upgrades and LED aftermarket bulbs IMG-2327

Honda Civic 10th gen My light topic: full interior LED upgrades and LED aftermarket bulbs IMG-2337

Honda Civic 10th gen My light topic: full interior LED upgrades and LED aftermarket bulbs IMG-2339

Honda Civic 10th gen My light topic: full interior LED upgrades and LED aftermarket bulbs IMG-2340

Fun fact for me, he charged only 291 euro instead of the brochures 359 :headbang:

Davsonamission

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have done the interior lights as well. I had no intentions of doing it, but a friend of mine did his interior lights (18 accord) and he had enough to do two cars. So he gave them to me for free... I also just ordered the Morimoto HID Kit after deciding that LEDs suck ass XD

Davsonamission

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So, I finally updated my new car enough and made enough pictures to open my own lighting topic :)

Fun fact for me, he charged only 291 euro instead of the brochures 359 :headbang:
So question did you figure out how to change out the reverse lights to LEDs? Do you have to remove the taillight assembly?

tripstar1

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic sport hatch WOP three pedals
Country flag
Has anyone attempted to do the Map light/dome light in series mod on a 19 civic? The extra ports are there, at the fixtures, but the headliner is full of cotton insulation. I've done this mod on my last three hondas, fishing an 18 ga wire through, but hit a roadblock tonight. Any thoughts?

xRiCeBoYx

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatchback CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Has anyone attempted to do the Map light/dome light in series mod on a 19 civic? The extra ports are there, at the fixtures, but the headliner is full of cotton insulation. I've done this mod on my last three hondas, fishing an 18 ga wire through, but hit a roadblock tonight. Any thoughts?
If you're talking about the map light door mode hack and routing wires from the dome light to the map light, I used a wire hanger to help pull wires across the headliner among all the insulation.

tripstar1

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic sport hatch WOP three pedals
Country flag
If you're talking about the map light door mode hack and routing wires from the dome light to the map light, I used a wire hanger to help pull wires across the headliner among all the insulation.
Thank you for your reply! Did you fish the wire through all the insulation between the headliner and the roof? On my 19 hatch that cavity is packed full, and I wasn't able to easily fish the coat hanger through

OP
OP
Riko

Riko

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.0L Turbo, CVT, Elegance trim
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So question did you figure out how to change out the reverse lights to LEDs? Do you have to remove the taillight assembly?
Yeah there are vids online how to do it.
Unscrew the 2 screws on each side, than do a sideways move and lift up.
In theory looks easy, but when watching the vids, its all very tight fit by the looks of it, wich would seem logical for light assemblies.

Anyhow, for now I didn't feel the need to change those...

Last edited:

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan (Sold) , 2005 Toyota Corolla (Sold)
Country flag
@Riko I have Si and I guess the glove box is already having led. It turns on only with headlights on. I can't figure out if I can change it or is it hardwired by led pcb

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I'm jealous of you guys with the damped glovebox with the light. My 2017 EX-L has neither feature.:(

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan (Sold) , 2005 Toyota Corolla (Sold)
Country flag
I'm jealous of you guys with the damped glovebox with the light. My 2017 EX-L has neither feature.:(
May be they included it in 2018 and 2019 versions

jc5810

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX hatchback (2019), Pilot (2016)
Country flag
Old thread, I know - I really like the trim lights. My wife disagrees, though. Chicks.

Kane666

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm like 90% sure I don't. ill have to look again.
Sponsored