FlexRex

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRX and M5
Country flag
So Honda can see if the car has been tuned or not, its just a matter of whether they do look at pcm data or not.

I think this should be explained to ppl with purchase of Hondata and Ktuner tuning hardware, if it isnt already.

Andre80

First Name
white civic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X 1.5 sport +
Country flag
Anyway, I'm not sure how it can be verified if this is real or not

It makes me very strange that in this forum, frequented by users worldwide, there is not a single person who can give us clarity on the subject

FlexRex

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRX and M5
Country flag
It makes me very strange that in this forum, frequented by users worldwide, there is not a single person who can give us clarity on the subject
Of course it’s real man. Do you not think that manufactures can see that pcm was flashed and when? In this day and age there wouldn’t be data stored recording this? I find it hard to believe that they wouldn’t have a counter or something.

The question is how many newbies do NOT realize this when buying Ktuner and Hondata to tune. Common logic is if I flash back I will be ok. But manufacturers can see it was flashed and no record in your file that they flashed it.

I’d suggest a heart to heart talk w your Honda service manager and ask him these questions, cuz you’re thinking about tuning..

Hollywoo0220

Customer Service oriented (most of the time) :-)
First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dihatsu Charade, BMW, Various Hondas, Focus ST, and VW GTI
Country flag
Yes, dealerships can absolutely see if you have ever configured the ECU in any way.
It's to cover themselves from reckless people blowing their engines from bad tunes and then flashing stock map back before taking it to the dealership because "their car randomly turned off".
No such thing exists as a “bad tune” from reputable tuners; only bad vehicle owner/operators.
Bottom line is:
If the PCM has been diagnosed to have been flashed, altered, and/or tampered with - then the manufacturer can thus alter the warrantied contract granted to the purchaser. There is not one more ounce of “evidence” required to deny a warrantee with that fact.

Last edited:

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
Of course it’s real man. Do you not think that manufactures can see that pcm was flashed and when? In this day and age there wouldn’t be data stored recording this? I find it hard to believe that they wouldn’t have a counter or something.

The question is how many newbies do NOT realize this when buying Ktuner and Hondata to tune. Common logic is if I flash back I will be ok. But manufacturers can see it was flashed and no record in your file that they flashed it.

I’d suggest a heart to heart talk w your Honda service manager and ask him these questions, cuz you’re thinking about tuning..
Yep. My 2010 Lexus has an actual blackbox in it. If I got into an accident, they would be able to tell how fast I was going, what direction, when I hit my brakes and how hard, where I turned the steering wheel....

https://www.blackboxrecovery.com/supported-vehicles/lexus

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe 91 Talon TSI AWD 6262 280's N20 and 87 Buick Regal T 6776bb built N20
Yep. My 2010 Lexus has an actual blackbox in it. If I got into an accident, they would be able to tell how fast I was going, what direction, when I hit my brakes and how hard, where I turned the steering wheel....
Our hondas do to. They let us know about it in the manual.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Status
Not open for further replies.