My FlashPro experiences and datalogs (boost level and IAT temps with oem IC)

VitViper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
I read somewhere that the ECU ,assumed it was the transmission one, would limit torque and would adjust if the torque output was too great for the CVT. Have you found that the motor ECU would limit torque if it thought it would "exceed allowable torque"while tuning the CVT??
Yes it's being intentionally limited by the engine computer. This can be tuned out, but the software for tuning is intentionally not letting us make that decision for ourselves to protect the CVT.
Sponsored

Last edited:

andyboyd102

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Yes it's being intentionally limited by the engine computer. This can be tuned out, but the software for tuning is intentionally not letting us make that decision for ourselves.
Yeah I think that's what I'm feeling in my car with the Injen intake installed. It's like the car runs out of steam before it's supposed to. Thank you for your input and knowledge, what you have Touched on definitely describes what I'm feeling

VitViper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Yeah I think that's what I'm feeling in my car with the Injen intake installed. It's like the car runs out of steam before it's supposed to. Thank you for your input and knowledge, what you have Touched on definitely describes what I'm feeling
The intake is vaporware, it doesn't do anything other than skew your MAF cal. If you're on a factory calibration it could be detrimental. If you're on FlashPro w/ the Injen cal, who knows, I haven't looked too closely at those maps as I just calibrate it all myself anyway. But the ECU will intentionally close off the throttle which will force the boost level to go down, and the car will feel quite anemic when this happens.

andyboyd102

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Just raced a Hyundai Genesis coupe 2.0 Turbo. He had an aftermarket intercooler, exhaust and a flash making over 250 HP!!! All I have is the hondata flashpro 6 + High Tune. and I BEAT him from a dead stop. It pissed him off so I raced him two more times and beat him two more times!!!! WOOOOOO!!!!

Last edited:

CEXT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EX Turbo
Country flag
Has anyone noticed that on the Hondata website the baseline horsepower dynograph for the CVT is identical to the 6 speed manual? I think they copied the cvt baseline for the manual baseline. The torque graphs are very different though.

Honda Civic 10th gen My FlashPro experiences and datalogs  (boost level and IAT temps with oem IC) {filename}

Honda Civic 10th gen My FlashPro experiences and datalogs  (boost level and IAT temps with oem IC) {filename}
[/IMG]
https://www.hondata.com/flashpro-2016-civic (under calibrations).

CivCoupe2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic Coupe EX, 2016 Civic Coupe EX-T
Country flag
Anyone notice that the basemaps available for our car do not offer options to change the rev limit, launch control, boost cut, throttle plate and a few other options for fuel and ignition? Why is this? Also going back to fuel economy.. Running high octane tune +6 psi Injen SRI, I get great numbers cruising at 55mph or less. Sometimes in the 50's mpgs. Once I start cruising on the highway with rpms over 2k, I see a HUGE drop down to the low 30s when it used to be around 40-42

VitViper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Anyone notice that the basemaps available for our car do not offer options to change the rev limit, launch control, boost cut, throttle plate and a few other options for fuel and ignition? Why is this? Also going back to fuel economy.. Running high octane tune +6 psi Injen SRI, I get great numbers cruising at 55mph or less. Sometimes in the 50's mpgs. Once I start cruising on the highway with rpms over 2k, I see a HUGE drop down to the low 30s when it used to be around 40-42
Because FlashPro tuning parameters are super basic right now. Also, why do you need to change the rev limiter on the CVT? Or the "launch control" (there is no launch control, it's a neutral rev limiter, aka 2 step) or the CVT? You'll never reach the rev limiter as it is at 6500 since the CVT will shift well before that.

Boost cut has been set for you in the background -- well above any reachable limit for the turbo.

CivCoupe2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Because FlashPro tuning parameters are super basic right now. Also, why do you need to change the rev limiter on the CVT? Or the "launch control" (there is no launch control, it's a neutral rev limiter, aka 2 step) or the CVT? You'll never reach the rev limiter as it is at 6500 since the CVT will shift well before that.

Boost cut has been set for you in the background -- well above any reachable limit for the turbo.
It's not that I necessarily wanted to change anything, just noticing that there are many tuning options absent from our calibration which ARE present for 2013+ Accords with a CVT? Any suggestions for the decreased highway fuel economy outside of a custom tune?

VitViper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
It's not that I necessarily wanted to change anything, just noticing that there are many tuning options absent from our calibration which ARE present for 2013+ Accords with a CVT? Any suggestions for the decreased highway fuel economy outside of a custom tune?
I see 36-40mpg regardless of what I'm doing on our 6MT when just cruising. Have you datalogged?

CivCoupe2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
What do your cruising logs tell you?
As I don't know what the stock numbers were I guess I'm not really sure what abnormalities I should be looking for? Apologies as I'm still sort of green in this aspect

VitViper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Items that would impact cruise MPG would be high fuel trims or rich conditions. If you're sitting at stoic with a nominal fuel trim then everything is working as intended.

CivCoupe2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Items that would impact cruise MPG would be high fuel trims or rich conditions. If you're sitting at stoic with a nominal fuel trim then everything is working as intended.
Both short term and long term trims hang out around -10% cruising at 72mph

VitViper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Both short term and long term trims hang out around -10% cruising at 72mph
Would have to see a log to see if there's anything that goes deeper, but -10% can be normalized, on the tuned cars I'm seeing pretty nominal values, a couple percent tops.
Sponsored