My FlashPro experiences and datalogs (boost level and IAT temps with oem IC)

GENX4ME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring Sedan Lunar Silver
You should select a base map. Run some data logs and then purchase a custom e tune through Vit Viper, then you send him logs and he's cleans it up and then sends it back and you keep uploading as many calibrations it takes to have it perfect. It will feel like a completely different car!
After looking at the fee Vitviper will charge me, it is well above reasonable to say the least. 350 in addition to the 700 I have already spent for the FP is just not adding up for me. If I buy the FP from them then it is a decent deal, but hitting me up for an extra 250 for getting a FP from a different vendor is absurd. I get making money but that is too greedy for my tastes, maybe 100 to 150 more would be fair but I just can't pay a 250 fee out of the principle of doing it no matter how good it is.
Sponsored

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan, 2006 civic si coupe
After looking at the fee Vitviper will charge me, it is well above reasonable to say the least. 350 in addition to the 700 I have already spent for the FP is just not adding up for me. If I buy the FP from them then it is a decent deal, but hitting me up for an extra 250 for getting a FP from a different vendor is absurd. I get making money but that is too greedy for my tastes, maybe 100 to 150 more would be fair but I just can't pay a 250 fee out of the principle of doing it no matter how good it is.
Lmfao it's worth the money. I don't think you understand what a custom tune can do. You can't keep running a base map. That's why it's called base map, It's a starting point. Everything comes down to the ECU's tune. Nothing is more important then that. I mean it's your money, I can't force you. Just trying to save you more money in the long run, and a extremely painful headache. You have to pay to play my friend.

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So.. whats the most HP/TQ that we've seen from a VitViper tune on the CVT?

GENX4ME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lmfao it's worth the money. I don't think you understand what a custom tune can do. You can't keep running a base map. That's why it's called base map, It's a starting point. Everything comes down to the ECU's tune. Nothing is more important then that. I mean it's your money, I can't force you. Just trying to save you more money in the long run, and a extremely painful headache. You have to pay to play my friend.
I get the fact that it will make a difference, my issue is the 50 dollar fee hike for example that applies to the 16-17 Civic but if you bought the FP from them, that 50 dollar bump is not there. Like I said, greed, I don't support businesses that need to take advantage of customers in that regard, value for service is what I pay for. I have heard good things about their tunes but those extra charges are just unacceptable for me. Fair for me would be 200 to 250 max which is more than fair.

OP
OP

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
From what Ive seen on my logs 20 psi and thats not even usable boost bc it peaks as the CVT "shifts" Hondata says that the CVT computer is limiting the boost bc of a torque limit that is set in the CVT computer. They cant tune for that right now.
I would agree if it was on the 6mt but CVT is pretty much maxed out on the +6psi tune. At least on my car it is or there's something wrong. I asked Hondata on why i cant go any higher than 19-20psi and he said "The CVT has its own computer that limits the maximum torque. That maximum torque setting limits the boost the CVT will make."

my engine runs pretty smooth with the flashpro 6psi map. Is it perfect? No! but it works perfectly fine and good

Last edited:

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I feel like if you are going to run a Hondata basemap, then you wasted our money. I know on the 8th gen after a while, he offered a Vit Basemap that was based on your engine but only got 3 revisions on WOT pulls and it was cheaper than a full tune. You do realize that for a full tune at that price you could end up with 100s of revisions? If you ever feel its not running right, he will look at the tune and clean it up.

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I would agree if it was on the 6mt but CVT is pretty maxed out on the +6psi tune. At least on my car it is or there's something wrong. I asked Hondata on why i cant go any higher than 19-20psi and he said "The CVT has its own computer that limits the maximum torque. That maximum torque setting limits the boost the CVT will make."
Not only you. Mine has been doing the same thing too even on the +6 PSI tune. If it really is the CVT limiting torque.. then I'm curious if other bolt on mods would even be beneficial? Is there a way to bypass this limitation? lol

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I get the fact that it will make a difference, my issue is the 50 dollar fee hike for example that applies to the 16-17 Civic but if you bought the FP from them, that 50 dollar bump is not there. Like I said, greed, I don't support businesses that need to take advantage of customers in that regard, value for service is what I pay for. I have heard good things about their tunes but those extra charges are just unacceptable for me. Fair for me would be 200 to 250 max which is more than fair.
Maybe he discounted the FlashPro $50 when you buy from him rather than hiking the cost of the tune $50 if you dont? And you ever heard of getting a discount for buying more at one time? I know when I bought my Skunk2 Header and Exhuast for my 8th from my local shop he gave me a much better deal combined than if I had waited to do it separately. Plus I saved on install bc they did it at once. If you feel its a rip off, then modding and tuning probably isnt for you. To each his own though

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not only you. Mine has been doing the same thing too even on the +6 PSI tune. If it really is the CVT limiting torque.. then I'm curious if other bolt on mods would even be beneficial? Is there a way to bypass this limitation? lol
I dont think there is a way to mess with the CVT computer yet. But lets look at this way, if Honda built this logic into the CVT knowing what torque this engine combo can make, maybe we have been underestimating what the SI and Type R are going to have as factory specs

GENX4ME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maybe he discounted the FlashPro $50 when you buy from him rather than hiking the cost of the tune $50 if you dont? And you ever heard of getting a discount for buying more at one time? I know when I bought my Skunk2 Header and Exhuast for my 8th from my local shop he gave me a much better deal combined than if I had waited to do it separately. Plus I saved on install bc they did it at once. If you feel its a rip off, then modding and tuning probably isnt for you. To each his own though
I get quantity and discounts but I see excess charges in this aspect from a business and it turns me off. They are not the only means to get a custom tune. Having the FP allows local shops the ability to do the same thing and I will be looking into my options in that manner. I will definitely be improving from the base tune, just not paying 50 dollars to Vitviper just out of the principle of it, but that is me, I would have pulled the trigger on the 250 for the ultimate tune package he offered but in completing the transaction, sliding that hand back in my pocket is a deal breaker.

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I dont think there is a way to mess with the CVT computer yet. But lets look at this way, if Honda built this logic into the CVT knowing what torque this engine combo can make, maybe we have been underestimating what the SI and Type R are going to have as factory specs
True, but, that's not really the concern. I'm sure everyone that has the CVT with tunes is interested what it's real limitations are before it's considered unsafe operation. I intended on keeping this thing for the long run and maxing it out completely. if 260lb-ft is the limit before its deemed unsafe then cool. But.. if 200~ is really the "safe" limit then there really is not a point on getting a custom tune from other providers, no matter how good they are, considering the Hondata basemap already reaches that torque limit, unless of course it's to "clean up" your tune and maximize it's MPG but if MPG is really the concern might as well just flash the stock factory tune and just use the tune on days you wanna run the car.

Ideally, a 260~HP/250~FT-LB would be wonderful from this thing and I'd call it a day. So close... yet so far.

Last edited:

SilverGhost

Ktuner tuned X2 CivicX.
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EXT,2017 Sport Hatchback09 Fit
Vehicle Showcase
It's $50 more for all FI Civics weather 16,17 or any years,added on as a aftermarket or from the factory.Probably has more parameters to factor into the tune

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's $50 more for all FI Civics weather 16,17 or any years,added on as a aftermarket or from the factory.Probably has more parameters to factor into the tune
And the logic to tuning these seems to be much different that the old K series with which Vit was amazing with. But that engine ECU combo has been out for years. I dont blame him for charging more for a brand new blank slate engine ECU combo with new logic

GENX4ME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maybe, but I noticed that same 50 dollars does not get added when you ring up the same vehicle in the combo deal. There are some local tuners I can work with that have Dynos and will easily spend less than 300 dollars going that route.
Sponsored