My FlashPro experiences and datalogs (boost level and IAT temps with oem IC)

16civicFLA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-TL, 2016 Honda Pilot EX-L
Country flag
Ok. Here's what we do next. Use the FlashPro to datalog 15 or so minutes of your driving style with the ECU in stock configuration. Record the average mpg over this time. Repeat with the + 3 psi tune and then repeat with the + 6 psi tune. When done, pm me and I will give you an email to send the datalogs. That way we can see what is going on.

We will look into creating an economy based calibration from your data.
Now that's fantastic!!
Sponsored

SilverGhost

Ktuner tuned X2 CivicX.
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EXT,2017 Sport Hatchback09 Fit
Vehicle Showcase
On my 6th revision.This CVT won't hit redline.I think the highest its gone is 5800 RPM in my first WOT pull in Sport mode.

Last edited:

Ryude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
On my 6th revision.This CVT won't hit redline.I think the highest its gone is 5800 RPM in my first WOT pull in Sport mode.
Yeah that's normal for the CVT. It locks to 5500-5800 RPM and stays there. L might go higher, but I haven't tried it.

andyboyd102

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Looking for more power and performance then complaining about decreased fuel economy????? Sorry but I'm at a loss, more HP/TQ=less MPG...............keep it stock if you want an economy car. Plus you all know when you have more power you WILL drive it a bit harder AND hence less MPG again.........
Yeah that's normal for the CVT. It locks to 5500-5800 RPM and stays there. L might go higher, but I haven't tried it.
Your correct, "L" does rev higher

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Filled up this morning for 3rd time since uploading the 6+ psi calibration and all seems back to normal. It gave me my normal range and as I drove off, the avg mpg jumped straight into the 30's. Wondering if "Range" is based off of the previous tanks avg mpg? If so, that would make sense, bc of course after I loaded the cal, I went out and had a heavy foot. That first tank of 93 after the cal, my avg mpg was in the upper 20s. The tank I just finished I had 36.9 avg mpg.

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan, 2006 civic si coupe
Another thing, everyone should know that when doing custom tunes, it requires quite a few calibrations to get it just perfect, so a couple of things may be off like mpg for example. You don't just buy one calibration and upload it and call it a day. I've seen people do 20-40 calibrations! It depends.

OP
OP

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
Anybody here do a datalog of a WOT to redline in L to see what "Gear"it's simulating at redline?
It's just rides it to 6500 and keeps it there

I have a log of it on my other computer

mc1200s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 ext
Country flag
I ran the +6 SRI tune and drove 120 mile round trip @77MPH to Des Moines from southern Iowa on I-35 and averaged 35.8.Thats with the Mishimoto intake.I now am on my 3rd revision with VV and drove that route again this morning and got 36.8.That route is rolling hills with no steep hills.Before FP I was getting 40ish on that same route.
How do I flash back to stock?

I'm hooked up now and see all the presets but there is no stock tune option.

I need to go back to stock asap. Averaging 22mpg this morning to pick up my girls and back home. This is a 50mpg trip.

So, flash back to stock? Thanks for your help.

Honda Civic 10th gen My FlashPro experiences and datalogs  (boost level and IAT temps with oem IC) IMG_9211.JPG

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Click "Online" then Return ECU to Stock

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How do I flash back to stock?

I'm hooked up now and see all the presets but there is no stock tune option.

I need to go back to stock asap. Averaging 22mpg this morning to pick up my girls and back home. This is a 50mpg trip.

So, flash back to stock? Thanks for your help.

IMG_9211.JPG
Did you do any datalogging for Hondata to look at?

mc1200s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 ext
Country flag
Did you do any datalogging for Hondata to look at?
Figured out how to get it back to stock. No I haven't but I will. I've got my girls until next week but I will do anything to help contribute. I'm sure not going to be the only one not satisfied with the plug and play base tune.

OP
OP

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
Figured out how to get it back to stock. No I haven't but I will. I've got my girls until next week but I will do anything to help contribute. I'm sure not going to be the only one not satisfied with the plug and play base tune.
did you flash it and do the drive or have you reflashed it for a few days then drove that trip?
Sponsored