keith1970

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic type r
Country flag
Hello all, I have a 2018 type r in blue. Love the car, love the high gloss blue, love the high shine black on the upper bumper covers and across the rear wing...and then....and then, dull plastic inserts on the front and rear bumper covers, dull lower grill and dull front fender inserts. Not really even black, more of a blackish grey and doesn’t do the car justice, not one bit. My intention soon is to pull them all off the car give them a deep rich “wet look” black finish. Wondering if anyone else has already done this?
Sponsored

EckotypeR

R - 22032
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
that kind of makes sense to be honest. but I just went from a ISF to the R, and the fender grill was oem plastic not gloss black as well.

creativedesignz

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Its the same way on my Infiniti Q50 as well. Alot of members end up removing them and give them the gloss black treatment.

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
I wish someone were able to fabricate real venting with function but I guess that's not to be. I'd suggest waiting for the bumper redesign in late 2019 you could probably just direct swap it if you like it and avoid fabricating anything.

EckotypeR

R - 22032
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I wish someone were able to fabricate real venting with function but I guess that's not to be. I'd suggest waiting for the bumper redesign in late 2019 you could probably just direct swap it if you like it and avoid fabricating anything.
you think it's coming? I thought maybe as well.. But if anything like the US ITR... we only got 4 years of that. My 19 I just picked up, was because I was super feeling the R trim decked out in the Sonic Gray, and second, scared to maybe miss the opportunity to own a brand new R.

CincyTypeR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R #0426. 2014 Accord Coupe V6
Country flag
Then for your fender outlets you can get carbon covers from pimp my civic or full carbon replacement from seibon (SEI-FD17HDCVR) which is a pricey option.

Teach-R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rallye Red CTR #22518; 2017 Golf R
Country flag
Whoa Johnny is in Po’Town?? Hey if you see this maybe we can meet up. I’m right over the bridge.

SpinRush

First Name
Big Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 ( Waiting )
Country flag
I’m also worried about the front and rear bumper covers. Just to make sure we are on the same page, I’m talking about the plastic fake vents honeycomb design that has no airflow whatsoever. Are we okay? Let’s continue....I’m more concerned about the front bumper covers ( fake vents ) that house the fog lights. I want to replace them with something that allows airflow to the aftermarket oil cooler I want to install. I have not seen a single solution or aftermarket piece. I don’t want to just cut into the plastic.

CincyTypeR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I’m also worried about the front and rear bumper covers. Just to make sure we are on the same page, I’m talking about the plastic fake vents honeycomb design that has no airflow whatsoever. Are we okay? Let’s continue....I’m more concerned about the front bumper covers ( fake vents ) that house the fog lights. I want to replace them with something that allows airflow to the aftermarket oil cooler I want to install. I have not seen a single solution or aftermarket piece. I don’t want to just cut into the plastic.
You saw my earlier post right? Covers are being developed, one to retain the fog light and one without.

OP
OP
keith1970

keith1970

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic type r
Country flag
We are definitely on the same page, those panels really just suck so they are getting painted. The passenger side does have openings in the front, but not much unfortunately

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR - 2020 Acura RDX A-Spec
Country flag
I've seen some pics of the new covers without the fogs, do we have pics of the ones WITH fogs?

You saw my earlier post right? Covers are being developed, one to retain the fog light and one without.

CincyTypeR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I've seen some pics of the new covers without the fogs, do we have pics of the ones WITH fogs?
Not at this time and think those are farther out from being worked on since I think that companies focus is on the one without currently.

boston7686

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, Rallye Red
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Check out TopOne Motors vents, $120 for the front vents

Honda Civic 10th gen My exterior peeve with the type r aez7lgga_ori

https://www.toponemotors.com/fk8-honda-civic-type-r-2017.html

Scroll to the bottom of the page, it will have front and rear vents available
Sponsored