Legitbtx

First Name
Bao
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Hey guys, so I recently got into an accident where my front end was damaged. It wasn’t anything major so I decided to fix her up myself instead of taking it to a shop. I wanted to share some stuff for anyone who is planing on taking their front end apart for maintenance or repair (like me).
Ill cut right to the point.

1. My radiator support got split in half during the collision, but I was glad to find out that it was easy to remove and wasn’t spot welded support which made my life a whole lot easier trying to remove it. It was a few bolts and a series of clips holding the wires in place.

2. The top half of my radiator support pushed into my turbo inlet cracking it making my car unable to drive. The part for a 2018 FK7 was almost $500 OEM and around $300 after market. I saw that the Si version was only $130 and took a chance on it. Turns out it fits just fine with no complications whats so ever.

Only the two discovery, but I hope it helps someone!
Sponsored

fkeight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R 2018
Country flag
Hey guys, so I recently got into an accident where my front end was damaged. It wasn’t anything major so I decided to fix her up myself instead of taking it to a shop. I wanted to share some stuff for anyone who is planing on taking their front end apart for maintenance or repair (like me).
Ill cut right to the point.

1. My radiator support got split in half during the collision, but I was glad to find out that it was easy to remove and wasn’t spot welded support which made my life a whole lot easier trying to remove it. It was a few bolts and a series of clips holding the wires in place.

2. The top half of my radiator support pushed into my turbo inlet cracking it making my car unable to drive. The part for a 2018 FK7 was almost $500 OEM and around $300 after market. I saw that the Si version was only $130 and took a chance on it. Turns out it fits just fine with no complications whats so ever.

Only the two discovery, but I hope it helps someone!
Mines is damaged to. You can install it yourself
without a spot weld?