soccer

First Name
Soccer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Hi,

I currently own a 2014 Accord V6 Touring Sedan. No issues with the car, runs perfectly, has ~35k miles on it.

I really like the idea of owning a "sporty car" with manual transmission. Wondering if I'll regret going to Civic Si or Civic Sports Hatchback. Will I miss the luxuries of the Touring. Has anyone else done that?

Sponsored

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
Hi,

I currently own a 2014 Accord V6 Touring Sedan. No issues with the car, runs perfectly, has ~35k miles on it.

I really like the idea of owning a "sporty car" with manual transmission. Wondering if I'll regret going to Civic Si or Civic Sports Hatchback. Will I miss the luxuries of the Touring. Has anyone else done that?

Not an Si owner but I have owned a 2013 accord touring before and driven an Si many times. I'll break it down into subsections and compare them though just to give you an idea. I'm sure people who actually own an SI on a day to day basis can tell you what it's like to live with.

Interior: Accord is roomier, more comfortable, has leather seats. Civic's interior has no option for leather seats, is sportier and more driver focused, and more compact (but not cramped). Accord will be more luxurious in the way it drives but civic will be better for a driver looking to have a good driving experience. Depends on what you value more, but my guess is that you won't really miss the Accord's interior much.

Exterior: Civic is more compact and you'll feel that especially when driving. It's way lighter on it's feet than the Accord as a result. Accord's styling is much more conservative especially when compared to the Si. SI will look sportier plain and simple.

Engine/Power: The V6 is no slouch and is definitely quick in the Accord, and its power delivery is extremely linear but is smoother and softer in the way it feels. The SI will not feel like a naturally aspirated engine and will be more engaging (with manual transmission) and dynamic in power delivery. You'll feel more connected with the engine in terms of driving and what the car is doing when you are driving the civic. The Civic sport however is a little down on power compared to the SI so it won't feel as fast compared to the rest.

Handling: The accord has decent handling, but the civic si and sport hatch will feel better hands down. It's lighter, more nimble, and has a more sport oriented suspension setup when compared to your accord's comfort oriented setup. You will feel more planted and it will definitely put a bigger smile on your face on a back road.

Features: Your Accord is a 2014 which isn't old at all but the Civic does actually have an edge in some things even compared to your touring. The Civic SI has apple carplay/android auto which is really useful and is something that you'll appreciate. Has a fully digital color instrument panel that shows you a lot of information (even shows boost) and is definitely a step up from the Accord. That being said, your accord will still have things like leather seats and a nicer stereo system. Overall though, features-wise you won't miss much. The Civic sport hatch is a different story though because it is based on the LX trim, which means you don't get the Carplay headunit, and features like heated seats/lanewatch along with it. So the Sport might feel a little bare compared to your Touring.

Conclusion: I would say you won't be missing the Accord much unless you really need the extra room, or value a more comfort oriented approach over a sporty one. But reading your post, seems like you actually want a sporty experience and if that is the case the Si and sport won't disappoint and I doubt you'll miss your accord much. If you go for the sport though, it will definitely be more engaging than the accord and give you that "fun to drive" factor you are looking for, but it is down on features compared to the 2014 Touring, and if that's something you really value then you won't be as happy.

OP
OP

soccer

First Name
Soccer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
I guess if I go with Sports Hatchback I'll miss the lane-view camera, but will gain the cargo space.

And if I pick Si then I might miss the spare tire. Do you guys really miss spare tire?

OP
OP

soccer

First Name
Soccer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
I spoke with the dealer, he says that it is impossible to fit spare tire in Si. He asked me to go with an EX-T or Sports Hatch.

OP
OP

soccer

First Name
Soccer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your dealer is a monkey unfortunately, Honda has specific kit for all our cars here is the part number if you are interested. To be fair most dealers are, mine tried to fight with me and tell me it was physically impossible to fit the CTR rear sway bar on my SI coupe.

Spare Wheel Kit - Honda (06421-TGH-A32ZA)
Looks like this is for Type R, will this fit Si?

aighead

Threads
Reaction score
Website
snortcoffee.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 1988 Ford f250, 2004 Honda vtx1300
Country flag
I was planning to buy an Accord V6 coupe, but after driving the coupe and the v6 sedan, while it seemed like there was plenty of power, it didn't seem like there was plenty of excitement. I think the notes above are good. I think the Si feels way sportier than the Accord and while the Accord is nice and comfy and all that, I was coming from a 2004 Mercury Sable and I like to drive fast. The Sable was very comfortable but lumbering and not fast at all. I knew almost the second I got into the Si that I loved it.

OP
OP

soccer

First Name
Soccer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
I liked how Si handles, now I need to test drive Sports Hatch.

This guy was trying to sell me another Accord, apparently I am too old for a Civic...??? What's up with that? Is there an age limit?

aighead

Threads
Reaction score
Website
snortcoffee.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 1988 Ford f250, 2004 Honda vtx1300
Country flag
This guy was trying to sell me another Accord, apparently I am too old for a Civic...??? What's up with that? Is there an age limit?
I'm like 40 if that helps... I feel a little old for the spoiler on the back of my coupe, but I've grown ok with it. The Si makes your spirit young!

lurker_j

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 WOP FC1
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I'm like 40 if that helps... I feel a little old for the spoiler on the back of my coupe, but I've grown ok with it. The Si makes your spirit young!
That spoiler really pulls the back end of the coupes together too. My favorite spoiler for the coupes

MavicTB

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Si Sedan Aegean Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not sure of budget but you can always get a Accord Sport 2.0t in 6mt if you want a manual. Drive both the Accord and the Civic and decide what you like best.
Sponsored