Xtelotatichl

First Name
Cha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic si
Country flag
So I’m set to do autocross soon locally. July 21st is the date.

My car has a front strut brace, type R RSS, and stock everything else suspension wise.

Powerwise I’m running Ktuner with Vit stage 1 and a PRL CAI.

I have an underbody W brace that I still need to install as well as some camber pieces for all four wheels. I need advice on the camber setup.

What do you all recommend for optimum traction around a small autocross course?
Sponsored

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What about tires? Tires are going to be more important than anything else if you are halfway serious. That does not mean you can't go out and have fun with the OEM tires though.

OP
OP

Xtelotatichl

First Name
Cha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic si
Country flag
No budget for tires at this time and it’s nothing serious. I just want to do well with what i have and I know the proper camber setup will help at least.

I’m thinking of putting all four corners to around a -2 degree setup. Thoughts on this? Should I go with more camber up front?

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No budget for tires at this time and it’s nothing serious. I just want to do well with what i have and I know the proper camber setup will help at least.

I’m thinking of putting all four corners to around a -2 degree setup. Thoughts on this? Should I go with more camber up front?
I'd maybe try -2 front / -1 rear. That seems to be a more traditional FWD track setup. You can always go more aggressive if desired. Make sure you take a good tire gauge, you will need to monitor your pressures and probably bleed a fair bit of air out.

OP
OP

Xtelotatichl

First Name
Cha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic si
Country flag
I'd maybe try -2 front / -1 rear. That seems to be a more traditional FWD track setup. You can always go more aggressive if desired. Make you take a good tire gauge, you will need to monitor your pressures and probably bleed a fair bit of air out.
I was leaning towards this myself. Glad I have someone else’s two cents on it. Much appreciated

Vrruumm

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
Definitely invest in tires. You can get a decent set of tires for around $600-700.

OP
OP

Xtelotatichl

First Name
Cha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic si
Country flag
Definitely invest in tires. You can get a decent set of tires for around $600-700.
I would if I could. Funds just not there at the moment sadly. I’ll get them for my next big track day though!

WildWalt

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2017 Civic Hatchback Sport, 2009 Civic Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just did my first autocross this weekend with my Type R. Setup depends on what you want are interested in. I do it just for fun and selected mods based on performance and aesthetics. Intercooler and High Performance Cat already put me in Street Prepared. Have 265/35/19 PS4s on Titan 7s that ran great on the course.

OP
OP

Xtelotatichl

First Name
Cha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic si
Country flag
So my car was put into STH class. My times improved by 4 seconds from my first run to the last, and on the fun runs afterwards I was able to get my best time and shaved 1.5 seconds off my best recorded time.

Nothing like repetition to drive down your lap times
Sponsored