Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type-R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Since the only other video of this exhaust on YouTube sucks, I decided to make one.

I got my 19" TE37 Ultra Track Edition II, Rays Lugs, Kics Hub Rings, GruppeM intake, Apex'i Exhaust, Spoon Valve cover, and a whole bunch of other stuff from him. Can't wait to make videos on everything that comes in.

Sponsored

Last edited:

HRace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Country flag
Sounds really nice. Saw your post in the other thread about no drone 50-80. I'm really surprised by how nice of an exhaust this seams to be. I've had a few Apex'i exhaust in years past but hadn't looked into them for the CTR yet. Thanks for the video and feedback. Seems impressive. Now I want to read up about weight, cost, thanks!

OP
OP
Z06Chris

Z06Chris

First Name
C. Yi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type-R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Sounds really nice. Saw your post in the other thread about no drone 50-80. I'm really surprised by how nice of an exhaust this seams to be. I've had a few Apex'i exhaust in years past but hadn't looked into them for the CTR yet. Thanks for the video and feedback. Seems impressive. Now I want to read up about weight, cost, thanks!
Entire shipping package weighed 59 lbs. I'd estimate packaging was about 10. So the exhaust is about ~49-50 lbs.
I looked into the Fujitsubo and for a full titanium it's still 38 lbs. For double the cost and the worry of having the carbon fiber tips stolen, it didn't seem worth it for 11-12 lbs of savings.

The exhaust exceeded my expectations. I was worried because the lack of sound clips online.
It literally sounds maybe 5% louder than stock idling but you get nice deep sounds when revving up to 3k RPM. Cruising feels very slightly louder than stock but when you hit 4k RPM and up it roars.
I'm really happy with this exhaust since this is my daily driver.

As far as looks go, the tips are HUGE. You see them a mile away and when you get up close you see how big they are. They don't stick out past the bumper. They are angled and align perfectly with the rear bumper when you look from the sides. When you look straight on from the rear, the tips fill the cut-out hole really nicely and the gaps are even on either side and in between the tips. I noticed with certain exhausts with smaller tips (HKS/SPOON) you could see the muffler behind it and I wasn't really feeling that.

PM Vivid Racing on here and ask for pricing. They were the cheapest around from everyone I asked.

Honda Civic 10th gen My Apex'i N1-X Extreme Evolution Sound Clip Video 20190817_141711

Last edited:

ajsummers469

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Since the only other video of this exhaust on YouTube sucks, I decided to make one.
No crap to skip in the beginning. I don't like talking on camera :D

Thanks again to Jacob at Vivid Racing. Gave me the best price I could find anywhere online.
Hit him up for whatever you need.

I got my 19" TE37 Ultra Track Edition II, Rays Lugs, Kics Hub Rings, GruppeM intake, Apex'i Exhaust, Spoon Valve cover, and a whole bunch of other stuff from him. Can't wait to make videos on everything that comes in.

This exhaust sounds great, thanks for being quick to the point and yes plz do show us the other goodies you get in, do you have an IG?

OP
OP
Z06Chris

Z06Chris

First Name
C. Yi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type-R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
This exhaust sounds great, thanks for being quick to the point and yes plz do show us the other goodies you get in, do you have an IG?
Yes I do. It is christopheryi_
I need to be more active on it but I will be taking high res shots of everything I get along with videos.

Teach-R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rallye Red CTR #22518; 2017 Golf R
Country flag
Thank you so much for this post. Answered all my concerns about the exhaust. I much prefer the dual tip look and the Apex looks the beat of them all. Was worried about drone but you addressed that. Know what I’m going to be getting now

HRace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Country flag
If you get time to post some pics that would be great. Thanks again for the clear descriptions. Will PM Vivid.
Edit: found the pics in the exhaust thread. Thanks.

RBrackett

First Name
Ramon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R Aegean Blue Metallic
Country flag
Sorry! Fixed it
sounds fantastic! I'm seriously thinking about the Apex'i but with a Vibrant resonator to quiet it down a bit. puppy and wife aren't too fond of loud noises, esp on longer trips (5+ hrs)

Last edited:

Si_chRis

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Honda Civic Si, 2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
sounds fantastic! I'm seriously thinking about the Apex'i but with a Vibrant resonator to quiet it down a bit. puppy and wife aren't too fond of loud noises, esp on longer trips (5+ hrs)
I have the Apexi N1-X and personally from daily driving with it, if you are on a stock catalytic converter, downpipe, and frontpipe, it is very livable.

RBrackett

First Name
Ramon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R Aegean Blue Metallic
Country flag
I have the Apexi N1-X and personally from daily driving with it, if you are on a stock catalytic converter, downpipe, and frontpipe, it is very livable.
i plan on going catless so im sure it'll be a lot louder

fk-eight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR R-35355/ 2021 SGP Accord Touring
Country flag
Man, as soon as I find one I like, it’s $1,995 with no front pipe or downpipe. I checked Vivid, they’re almost $2k. Covid pricing.
Sponsored