Dirtychonies

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
I was using the 19.5psi starter map from Ktuner and was low on gas. I probably had around 28-30 miles left (says the car), and went to the gas station to fill up. Yes, obviously with 91, forever and always.

After I had filled up, I turned the car on and it had quite a rough start. My girlfriend immediately noticed something wasn't right and we both looked at each other. I listened closely for a few seconds and everything seemed fine, so i turned the car off. I then turned the car on a second time and it did it again. I have the MAPerformance street exhaust, which enhanced the sound AND feel of the rough start both times. I let it idle for about a minute while my anxiety went through the roof as I listened intensely. I turned the car off and on a third time and it started up fine.

Could this have been because I was low on gas? I wasn't THAT low on gas, but the gas light ahd been on for about 7 or 8 miles before I could find a gas station. The car has not done this since, and I am about to upload TSP Stage 1 after work today, which I hear is much better and safer than the 23psi basemap.

Let me know what you guys think. Thanks
I had a missfire at around 13k miles with the dual Ktuner map. I had a bad fuel injector #3 and ended up finding out down the line its a common problem. Fortunately, my car was still under warranty.
Sponsored

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
take to dealer to further diagnose, had faulty injector in my old 2016 EX-T that got warrantied out even after I had it modified.

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
Thanks for pointing that out. I didn't look at what mods he had (DUH!). Definitely the PRL CAI might need a tune if it's not included in the TSP Stage 1. Also you don't list DP, so I am assuming you have a CAT-back, which would not need a tune
He has a youtube channel for his build. He’s doing a good job showcasing all of the mods and giving honest opinions about them. You should check it out.

He lives in Cali. I wanna see a race with the IS350

Crakzor

First Name
Mathanael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Chevy Cruze, 2020 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
w
I had a missfire at around 13k miles with the dual Ktuner map. I had a bad fuel injector #3 and ended up finding out down the line its a common problem. Fortunately, my car was still under warranty.
which dual map?

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
He has a youtube channel for his build. He’s doing a good job showcasing all of the mods and giving honest opinions about them. You should check it out.

He lives in Cali. I wanna see a race with the IS350
Haha no racing for me. I've been doing a good job restraining myself when someone next to me is impatient at stop lights. I will check out his channel. Does he use the same username for his Youtube Channel?

Hollywoo0220

Customer Service oriented (most of the time) :-)
First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dihatsu Charade, BMW, Various Hondas, Focus ST, and VW GTI
Country flag
I was using the 19.5psi starter map from Ktuner and was low on gas. I probably had around 28-30 miles left (says the car), and went to the gas station to fill up. Yes, obviously with 91, forever and always.

After I had filled up, I turned the car on and it had quite a rough start. My girlfriend immediately noticed something wasn't right and we both looked at each other. I listened closely for a few seconds and everything seemed fine, so i turned the car off. I then turned the car on a second time and it did it again. I have the MAPerformance street exhaust, which enhanced the sound AND feel of the rough start both times. I let it idle for about a minute while my anxiety went through the roof as I listened intensely. I turned the car off and on a third time and it started up fine.

Could this have been because I was low on gas? I wasn't THAT low on gas, but the gas light ahd been on for about 7 or 8 miles before I could find a gas station. The car has not done this since, and I am about to upload TSP Stage 1 after work today, which I hear is much better and safer than the 23psi basemap.

Let me know what you guys think. Thanks
You can be experiencing a variant of things:

Your exhaust is going to DRONE the exhaust sound more than stock
Since, you drove to the gas station and stopped - your stock intercooler could have been so warm (after sitting) that the manifold was intaking warmer air; thus, rough combustion.

Have you monitored your Fuel Trims? You may be running a bit lean at start-up and thus your "misfire" sound?
Is your MAF stock or Race/Street?

You are pushing more exhaust out - but at less velocity than the stock piping size.
You may want to get a FULL Custom tune.

So many questions....

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
Haha no racing for me. I've been doing a good job restraining myself when someone next to me is impatient at stop lights. I will check out his channel. Does he use the same username for his Youtube Channel?
Do it for Dale!

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Last edited: