My 2016 Dashboard Melted In !!!

amerimermaid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Ex
Country flag
On 3/6/2017
I turned on my vehicle via remote-less key from the window , I have to be at work around 8am. So I pre heat my car, Car is usually on for about 5minutes, and will also turn off on its own after 5 minutes. I left nothing on the dashboard. No one tainted the car. I even made a last trip at 4am to drop off my mom at work. Any one have the same headache ? I also contacted Honda but they still have not responded, I think this is a defective vehicle.
NO CAR SHOULD MELT ON ITS OWN, I usually drop off my siblings at school so im thankful they were not in the car. Any thoughts? Im honestly depressed this is my first car bought from the dealer, I saved my money, and had no credit, I use to drive a Honda 2000 with no problems, my car is just....Unanswered, and so far its been a nightmare.

Honda Civic 10th gen My 2016 Dashboard Melted In !!! IMG_2634.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen My 2016 Dashboard Melted In !!! IMG_2622.JPG

calonzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
OMG! T
On 3/6/2017
I turned on my vehicle via remote-less key from the window , I have to be at work around 8am. So I pre heat my car, Car is usually on for about 5minutes, and will also turn off on its own after 5 minutes. I left nothing on the dashboard. No one tainted the car. I even made a last trip at 4am to drop off my mom at work. Any one have the same headache ? I also contacted Honda but they still have not responded, I think this is a defective vehicle.
NO CAR SHOULD MELT ON ITS OWN, I usually drop off my siblings at school so im thankful they were not in the car. Any thoughts? Im honestly depressed this is my first car bought from the dealer, I saved my money, and had no credit, I use to drive a Honda 2000 with no problems, my car is just....Unanswered, and so far its been a nightmare.

IMG_2634.JPG

IMG_2622.JPG
OMG! That is horrible. When you say you contacted Honda, did you mean the dealership, or the company? If you contacted the company, have you gone to the dealer and what did they say?

kvnhmmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sedan Touring
Country flag
Honda is definitely going to want to take a look at that one...

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
That's definitely an electrical fire lol.

Unless you had something else installed, they'll investigate and either Honda or your insurance should replace.

kvnhmmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sedan Touring
Country flag
On 3/6/2017
So this happened during a remote start? If so, was the vehicle still running when you got to it? If not, did it shut off because it had already been 10 minutes? Was the dash actually on fire? Lots of missing details! Please fill us in.

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
hooooooooly shit dude

OP
OP
amerimermaid

amerimermaid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Ex
Country flag
So this happened during a remote start? If so, was the vehicle still running when you got to it? If not, did it shut off because it had already been 10 minutes? Was the dash actually on fire? Lots of missing details! Please fill us in.
when i got to it , No, it was not running,

I started the car with the key less remote, because my control gives me the option to start the car, at 7:00, after i turned on the car with the remote, the car alarm went on about 3-5 seconds after, i did not think anything of it. i came down at 7:12 am, noticed the car front window was shattered. I opened the door and the fire was out, the window was shattered i assume from the fume that couldn't get out. I thought what might have been a small flame but again, i was in shock. When i came down my car was as pictured, with the melted dashboard. I called the fire department, they took out the battery. I contacted the Honda dealer the same day and they said wouldn't be able to help, to make a claim via my insurance. I did , they still dont want to take a look or have a joint inspection. :/// Its been exactly a month.

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
when i got to it , No, it was not running,

I started the car with the key less remote, because my control gives me the option to start the car, at 7:00, after i turned on the car with the remote, the car alarm went on about 3-5 seconds after, i did not think anything of it. i came down at 7:12 am, noticed the car front window was shattered. I opened the door and the fire was out, the window was shattered i assume from the fume that couldn't get out. I thought what might have been a small flame but again, i was in shock. When i came down my car was as pictured, with the melted dashboard. I called the fire department, they took out the battery. I contacted the Honda dealer the same day and they said wouldn't be able to help, to make a claim via my insurance. I did , they still dont want to take a look or have a joint inspection. :/// Its been exactly a month.
you need to call Honda asap and the dealers should of took the car in to examine on what happened. this could be a major recall
http://automobiles.honda.com/information/customer-relations.aspx
ontact Us

For further assistance, feel free to contact Honda Automobile Customer Service. Business hours are Monday through Friday, 6:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Pacific Time.

Honda Customer Service can now be reached via Twitter at: @HondaCustSvc
By Phone
At our toll-free number: 1-800-999-1009
By Fax
(310) 783-3023 (24 Hours)
By Mail
American Honda Motor Co., Inc.
Honda Automobile Customer Service
1919 Torrance Boulevard
Mail Stop: 500 - 2N - 7A
Torrance, CA 90501-2746

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No lie, I'm slightly afraid of remote starting my car now since I do it on a near-daily basis. Or just starting my car in general. huge WTF.

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
just to rule things out. did you have anything plugged in the usb port or cig. port?
Sponsored