Mustang Style Turning Lights & Fogs (Coupe LX-P)

Eiji-kun

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Coupe LX-P
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hi everyone,

First post
First new car (used to have a secondhand '01 civic coupe)
Complete noob at anything and everything here :D
Please feel free to refer me somewhere else if I'm in the wrong place! :eek:

Was curious as to if anyone has any experience with these:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071LMRK8G/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_1?smid=A1WXJHIDZ0AXC3&psc=1
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07239R815/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_2?smid=A1WXJHIDZ0AXC3&psc=1

I was hoping to get both and install on my '18 coupe lx-p (which does not come with fog lights installed)

Was also thinking to add:

http://store.ijdmtoy.com/High-Power-Projector-Fog-Lamps-with-LED-Halo-Rings-p/60-076a.htm

at the same time, assuming that it would be easier to do all the installs at once rather than put together and take apart several times.

Was curious as to whether I'd need some sort of lens for the fog light since it doesn't look like the housing has any glass on it in the fog light bit ?

And just wanted to hear general opinions & advice, especially regarding the product since I don't have any idea about it other than the Amazon reviews, which seem like they may be for varying products in the same listing.

Also, I am from Hawaii, so Amazon Prime shipping is a big deal for me, especially for stuff like this that generally costs an arm and a leg to get shipped in.

Thanks for your help in advanced!
Sponsored

n2da2nd

It's Senor Bane to ya
First Name
Nam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My personal opinions on those 2 projects:
1. Hell nah! Leave them Mustang style lights for those Mustang cars just as butterfly doors for Lambo.
2. You would need to have the fog light housing before you can put those projectors in there. Make sure that you did your research on projector housing and get quality stuff. Otherwise, stick with reflector housing and Nokya halogen bulbs. Don't blind other drivers please.
If you have the fund, I'd recommend Morimoto retrofit housing for your lighting needs. They're safe and provide the best output when it comes to projector housing. If you don't have enough fund for Morimoto, Depot makes pretty legit LED lights for Honda Civic, similar to Touring trim.
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new Civic! Keep us posted with your progress.

OP
OP

Eiji-kun

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Coupe LX-P
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My personal opinions on those 2 projects:
1. Hell nah! Leave them Mustang style lights for those Mustang cars just as butterfly doors for Lambo.
2. You would need to have the fog light housing before you can put those projectors in there. Make sure that you did your research on projector housing and get quality stuff. Otherwise, stick with reflector housing and Nokya halogen bulbs. Don't blind other drivers please.
If you have the fund, I'd recommend Morimoto retrofit housing for your lighting needs. They're safe and provide the best output when it comes to projector housing. If you don't have enough fund for Morimoto, Depot makes pretty legit LED lights for Honda Civic, similar to Touring trim.
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new Civic! Keep us posted with your progress.
Thank you for the input sir!

I saw someone with the tree branch/chickenfoot shaped DRLS in front and back (not sure if theyre OEM ?) on a debadged civic, looked pretty neat, but I felt like they were pointed in the wrong direction, which was a turn off for me. Kinda dig the feel of the mustang DRLs and was going to get the Ikon rear window louvers one day too :p

What's Depot, if you don't mind me asking ?

Found these on Morimoto; is this what you were referring to ?

http://www.morimotohid.com/led-fog-lights/honda-round-morimoto-xb-led.html

Thanks again for your help!

n2da2nd

It's Senor Bane to ya
First Name
Nam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thank you for the input sir!

I saw someone with the tree branch/chickenfoot shaped DRLS in front and back (not sure if theyre OEM ?) on a debadged civic, looked pretty neat, but I felt like they were pointed in the wrong direction, which was a turn off for me. Kinda dig the feel of the mustang DRLs and was going to get the Ikon rear window louvers one day too :p

What's Depot, if you don't mind me asking ?

Found these on Morimoto; is this what you were referring to ?

http://www.morimotohid.com/led-fog-lights/honda-round-morimoto-xb-led.html

Thanks again for your help!
Lol don't get me started on those funny chicken feet. Yup that's the correct website for Morimoto. Here is the YT link for Depo lighting, not Depot (stupid autocorrect).

OP
OP

Eiji-kun

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Coupe LX-P
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Lol don't get me started on those funny chicken feet. Yup that's the correct website for Morimoto. Here is the YT link for Depo lighting, not Depot (stupid autocorrect).
I think you forgot the link!