Multiple issues with 2017 honda civic

Deglock

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic lx
My passenger side DRL no longer lights up. It worked until I was removing the HID headlights I installed due to electrical issues they were causing. I don't believe I disconnect or touched any wires associated with the DRL. Any suggestions on why they stopped working or how to fix this issue?

Second, my windshield wipers stopped working last winter. They wouldn't wipe continuously when turned on. They would go up and stop but would return back if switched off and on. Being under warranty, the dealer repaired the windshield wipers and said it was due to using the wipers when ice and snow were built up on the wipers. They said that cause the motors to malfunction due to the weight exerted on the blades. Over the past summer, the windshield wipers stopped working completely and would not move at all when turned on. I hear the motors running but the blades do not move. I have not taken it back to the dealership yet as I wanted to try to fix it myself but I am unsure on how to diagnose the cause of the issue and how to fix it.

The final issue I have is with the power accessory socket under the radio. Power is no longer being supplied to the socket. I checked the fuse and it is not blown. Without a wiring diagram, I am unsure where the wiring from the socket initiates. Any information regarding what provides the power or any wiring diagrams would be helpful in resolving this issue.
Sponsored

Deezy

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Sedan 6MT (FC2)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Are you sure the fuse is good? Did you check it with a meter or test light?

CobraCommand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Canadian Civic LX Hatchback, formerly 2017 Canadian Civic LX Sedan
Country flag
All of this is under warranty unless you caused electrical problems installing the HIDs or other mods, but that would take some real trying to mess up, and then they'd have to know you modified things. I wouldn't mess with anything yourself since you could just make things worse or not remedy issues that are present that you don't know about yet until the warranty is over.

OP
OP

Deglock

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic lx
Deezy, yes I tested the fuse with a volt meter and also tried installing a new fuse.

CobraCommander, the dealer said the HIDs caused some electrical damage and made the BCM defective but once I removed the HIDs, all of the other issues caused by the HIDs were resolved.

OP
OP

Deglock

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic lx
Also, what is the standard warranty limits. I've had the car since February of 2017 and I have 35,563 miles. Additionally, my brakes have started squeaking over the past few days. Haven't had a chance to look at the brake pads or bring it to a mechanic, but do you believe that the squeaking is a results of the brake pads being worn down and need replacing or would the squeaking be caused by some other issue? This squeaking only occurs when I am nearly at a stop when braking.

Deezy

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Sedan 6MT (FC2)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Also, what is the standard warranty limits. I've had the car since February of 2017 and I have 35,563 miles. Additionally, my brakes have started squeaking over the past few days. Haven't had a chance to look at the brake pads or bring it to a mechanic, but do you believe that the squeaking is a results of the brake pads being worn down and need replacing or would the squeaking be caused by some other issue? This squeaking only occurs when I am nearly at a stop when braking.
3 years or 36,000 miles for the basic warranty so you are almost there! Hurry to the dealer and have them check the brakes. The squeaking is most likely from the wear indicators on the brake pads. This is built in to let you know it's time to service them.

OP
OP

Deglock

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic lx
Thanks Deezy, I wasn't sure if I still had the warranty or not. I'll make the appointment with the dealership ASAP. I'll follow up with the results of the appointment for anyone who encountered similar issues.
Sponsored