multi warning lights came on

julianzh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-t, 2019 GTI Autobahn DSG
Country flag
This morning while on the highway, my civic suddenly stopped and couple warning lights came on. The engine light, EPS, VAS, brake hold, all came on. Called the cop and they toweled to the near police station. Once the tow driver putted my car down, and he turned the car back on, the car seem fine again. No warning lights or what so ever.

Anyone seen this before? im going to call the dealer and see what they can do about it.
Sponsored

Avpstorm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
This morning while on the highway, my civic suddenly stopped and couple warning lights came on. The engine light, EPS, VAS, brake hold, all came on. Called the cop and they toweled to the near police station. Once the tow driver putted my car down, and he turned the car back on, the car seem fine again. No warning lights or what so ever.

Anyone seen this before? im going to call the dealer and see what they can do about it.
I've had the same exact problem except it was on startup and not when ive been driving. Every time the car has given me trouble, i disconnect the negative from the battery for a minute and plug back in to kind of reset the software. Ive only had to do this twice since ive purchased the vehicle. I told the mechanic at the dealership about it and he said not to do this so that the codes won't be erased and they can find the reason for it.

Stock_07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX
I've had this happen as well. Wasn't impressed and actually disappointed in Honda. Dealership won't do anything unless a battery disconnect wouldn't fix the issue

pushkarajs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic 2016
I've had this happen as well. Wasn't impressed and actually disappointed in Honda. Dealership won't do anything unless a battery disconnect wouldn't fix the issue

This happened with me just now. I drove to work earlier today in my civic 2016 and everything was great. Has about 4000 miles on it. 3 hours later I go back to start my car and it's throwing all kinds of errors on the screen (emissions, brake system, stabilitrac, engine) and my exhaust is also making a weird flapping noise. When you had this problem did your exhaust make weird sound? Could you please tell me any other details about the issue as in what did dealer say, if this is just a software glitch why is my exhaust making a weird noise?

pushkarajs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic 2016
I've had the same exact problem except it was on startup and not when ive been driving. Every time the car has given me trouble, i disconnect the negative from the battery for a minute and plug back in to kind of reset the software. Ive only had to do this twice since ive purchased the vehicle. I told the mechanic at the dealership about it and he said not to do this so that the codes won't be erased and they can find the reason for it.
This happened with me just now. I drove to work earlier today in my civic 2016 and everything was great. Has about 4000 miles on it. 3 hours later I go back to start my car and it's throwing all kinds of errors on the screen (emissions, brake system, stabilitrac, engine) and my exhaust is also making a weird flapping noise. When you had this problem did your exhaust make weird sound? Could you please tell me any other details about the issue as in what did dealer say, if this is just a software glitch why is my exhaust making a weird noise?

Oliseles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No longer the owner of a crappy 2016 Honda Civic EXT. First and last Honda for me. Never again.
Country flag

Omg I have the exact same problem!!!!! Exhaust too!!!!
Plus I have no power steering!
It happened tonight!!!
What a weird coincidence!
The car is undrivable!!!!!
What is this shi%[!]?

Last edited:

Oliseles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No longer the owner of a crappy 2016 Honda Civic EXT. First and last Honda for me. Never again.
Country flag
This is so weird.
What are we supposed to do?
I have no power steering!
How do I drive to the dealer??
Anyone figured out the issue???

Avpstorm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Honda Civic 10th gen multi warning lights came on upload_2016-12-30_0-30-25
View attachment 24811
Honda Civic 10th gen multi warning lights came on upload_2016-12-30_0-31-16

Honda Civic 10th gen multi warning lights came on upload_2016-12-29_23-54-19

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
Last edited:

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
Jesus, reading this thread is like watching an episode of Twilight Zone...

WTF Honda... :(:thumbsdown::what:
I can't even imagine shit like this happening to a Honda vehicle in the past.
If reliability is no longer one of the strong suits, maybe I should stop waiting for the new Si and start looking into Ford or VW... (Or are things even worse with them?!) :nono:

*Edit*
OK sorry about the outburst... How about a constructive idea/question: how many of you guys who had this problem "messed" with the car in any way? Replaced OEM headlights or sound system or other stuff, or had your car to a dealer for a recall, or in some other way "touched" it, that could have affected the electrical system, battery connectivity, etc.? Just trying to make some sense out of this craziness... Just can't (yet?) believe Honda's QA processes have really gotten this bad...

Last edited:

pushkarajs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic 2016
Omg I have the exact same problem!!!!! Exhaust too!!!!
Plus I have no power steering!
It happened tonight!!!
What a weird coincidence!
The car is undrivable!!!!!
What is this shi%[!]?
Yep, even I lost my power steering. It is indeed undrivable. I am planning to call my honda dealer in the morning and ask about it and if it requires towing, I am going to ask them to cover every penny for it. Not spending a penny on this car since I have already spent so much. It is a shocker from Honda.

pushkarajs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic 2016

If reliability is no longer one of the strong suits, maybe I should stop waiting for the new Si and start looking into Ford or VW... (Or are things even worse with them?!) :nono:

*Edit*
OK sorry about the outburst... How about a constructive idea/question: how many of you guys who had this problem "messed" with the car in any way? Replaced OEM headlights or sound system or other stuff, or had your car to a dealer for a recall, or in some other way "touched" it, that could have affected the electrical system, battery connectivity, etc.? Just trying to make some sense out of this craziness... Just can't (yet?) believe Honda's QA processes have really gotten this bad...

Okay, so I am a mechanical engineer and I kid you not, today was the first time I opened my car's hood. I bought a brand new car 4 months ago and there was no reason for me to 'touch' or 'mess' with it in any way. It literally happened out of the blue. The car was fine at one point and it stopped being fine the next. Now I am really curious to know what might have caused it and also worried because I don't want to spend money now.

Avpstorm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T

*Edit*
I received all these errors after my first couple thousand miles. Than I received it a second time in which i took pictures like shown above. Each occurred after driving the car previously that day. Both days were fairly cold but nothing unusual. These errors would never let me start my car so i disconnect the battery. The only thing I've put in my car is a short ram intake which was put in later after my first startup problem. So it probably wasn't that and can't imagine it would have created all these software startup problems. My first startup problem happened around 3000 miles or 1 month after i purchased the vehicle. Thought it was just a special case but I guess not.

I have a video too which ill post later.

Oliseles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

*Edit*

Yep my dealer replaced the bumper and reinstalled the fog lights a couple of days ago...

Andy123az

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Acura MDX Tech, 2016 Honda Civic EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Check battery connection. Usually that's the main problem. If not, it could be your alternator or the belt that drives the alternator.
Sponsored