OP
catspaw

catspaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CTR, '04 RX8
Country flag
They do, however, provide cushion tape to insulate the connectors which is pretty cool, but from what I saw everything is plug & play. For the lift gate wiring they provide a dummy connector since there's no light board in the mugen reflectors themselves.
Sponsored

FriscoBrah

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Championship White Civic Type R
Country flag
They look cool but itā€™s a bit of a let down that the housings on the hatch donā€™t light up.

halohalomix206

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SGP FK8 TYPE R, X5M, Mini Cooper S
Country flag
nice i just installed these and just added the loom with electrical tape..this was super easy. I love the look and sequential turn signals! fitment was spot on as well.

FriscoBrah

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
nice i just installed these and just added the loom with electrical tape..this was super easy. I love the look and sequential turn signals! fitment was spot on as well.
Iā€™m curious what the lights look like in actions. Really surprised no one has posted a video.

halohalomix206

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SGP FK8 TYPE R, X5M, Mini Cooper S
Country flag
Iā€™m curious what the lights look like in actions. Really surprised no one has posted a video.
there actually is... most of the ones Iā€™ve seen have been posted to Facebook and you can find some on YouTube now. Google is your friend sir.

frtorres87

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I didnā€™t do reverse or braking because I donā€™t have my camera tripod at the moment.

missed opportunity not having the additional part actually be functional.

FriscoBrah

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The lights are cool however I think it makes the back look busier and thereā€™s less ā€˜brake lightā€™.

Ismael Lafluer

Project Harukonokaze R-00691
First Name
Ismael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R, 2016 Honda Accord sport, 2007 Honda Pilot
Country flag
The lights are cool however I think it makes the back look busier and thereā€™s less ā€˜brake lightā€™.
I like them, but seeing as itā€™s a new car I canā€™t rationalize shelling out over $600 bucks on taillights. I do agree they look busy...for me itā€™s a pointless mod...maybe in the future when car is older

JohnEBlaze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 CW Type R
Country flag
I like them, but seeing as itā€™s a new car I canā€™t rationalize shelling out over $600 bucks on taillights. I do agree they look busy...for me itā€™s a pointless mod...maybe in the future when car is older
The price isnā€™t bad, they are LED but it does suck the hatch lights are reflectors.

Ismael Lafluer

Project Harukonokaze R-00691
First Name
Ismael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R, 2016 Honda Accord sport, 2007 Honda Pilot
Country flag
The price isnā€™t bad, they are LED but it does suck the hatch lights are reflectors.
Price isnā€™t high, I just donā€™t want to put that money on taillights so soon. Maybe In a few years when I get bored with stock. lol Iā€™m also tired of all the extra oem parts Iā€™m collecting at home and I refuse to sell them.
nah itā€™s a good price. My wife just says ā€œwhy donā€™t I spend the money on mods that have a bigger impactā€ I guess in her eyes changing taillights is a waste of money. Lol
Plus I like the stocks. I feel like if they came that way stock people would just buy the ones that look like current stock ones.

ez12a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CW Type R
Country flag
As an owner of the Mugen lights, i also think its a missed opportunity that they didnt extend the turn signals to the hatch. That would require some extra wiring unless the lights themselves some how can communicate via contacts between the lights or wireless (over complicated). I'm curious how the hirev ones achieve that connection.

Mugen or hirev, the lights fix one of the minor gripes about the Type R, where it has a full LED front end but half incandescent back end. I like that both ends are full LED now.

Also, i've had issues with condensation in cold weather in the Mugens. I'm working on potential solutions.

phan10ms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CW Type R, '06 AP2 S2000
Country flag
As an owner of the Mugen lights, i also think its a missed opportunity that they didnt extend the turn signals to the hatch. That would require some extra wiring unless the lights themselves some how can communicate via contacts between the lights or wireless (over complicated). I'm curious how the hirev ones achieve that connection.

Mugen or hirev, the lights fix one of the minor gripes about the Type R, where it has a full LED front end but half incandescent back end. I like that both ends are full LED now.

Also, i've had issues with condensation in cold weather in the Mugens. I'm working on potential solutions.
Thank you for the feedback. In regards to HiRev, I'd think it wouldn't be too hard to have the blinkers extend to the other module when you're wiring it outside the car. It's getting the proper routing and connection with the stock harness while it's in the car is where it becomes a bit tricky.

Does the Mugen come with new gaskets? Perhaps if it doesn't it's something to think about getting brand new ones when doing a tail light swap.